[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - CBF staffer weighs in on Alabama anti-EPA politics

CBF staffer weighs in on Alabama anti-EPA politics

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

CBF staffer weighs in on Alabama anti-EPA politics

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:44 pm

Our own Big Daddy Weaver:

http://religiondispatches.org/the-epa-a ... mentalism/

Former Bama SBC Prez John Killian, an ardent fundamentalist and my friend, supported Terry Dunn and got me to the polls to vote for him. I don't know if Killian read the Mother Jones article before the runoff election a few weeks ago or not.

I just hope Weaver would bring the same zeal to the recent New Racism article in the New Republic that talks about Tea Party Fave Mike Hubbard, House Speaker, well known to Joe Scarborough, Weaver has brought to this Green opinion.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: CBF staffer weighs in on Alabama anti-EPA politics

Postby KeithE » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:18 am

Sobering article Aaron (and thanks to Fox). That Christians are so economically and politically-driven while showing a lack of concern for God's creation makes me sad.

But I'm having a great time in London.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:22 am

Sorry, but Arron's article is . My sympathy is with the West Virginia Coal Forum...
. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:52 am

:lol:

Claiming that Aaron's article is "propaganda" by citing a notoriously inaccurate propaganda source is, well, kind of funny.
Sandy

Postby Dave Roberts » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:12 pm

I find it ironic that God is cited as a reason for being against environmental regulations. Somehow, I think that attempts to put God into the pettiness of human politics. Theologically, such moves reduce God to being servant of our viewpoints. It does not make of us servants of the Almighty.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:02 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:31 am

It would be funny to anyone who knows what a loonie, nutcase, propaganda rag you cited, and to most of the thinking and intelligent people in this country who know the difference between the scientific fact of global warming, and the few people who stick their fingers in their ear and say, over and over, "there is no global warming, there is no global warming, there is no global warming.........."
Sandy

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:32 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby KeithE » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:31 pm

I have been reading an autobiography of Sir John Houghton and among others things it gives an inside account of the IPCC . The IPCC reports are very authoritative but too "cautious". I challenge DF and whoever to read In The Eye Of The Storm by Houghton before again dissing the IPCC reports!

From the Bay of Biscayne
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:13 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:08 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:46 am

David, virtually everything you cite comes from paid propaganda sources that have a vested interest in promoting the falsehood that there is no, none, nada, zilch, global warming. In these days, when money is the god that is worshipped, and being environmentally responsible gets in the way of that, it buys whatever information is necessary to keep the cash flow coming. You can cite your sources all the way from Oklahoma to the moon, I wouldn't believe there's a grain of truth in any of them. I don't understand your motivation for supporting the bought and paid for line, unless you've still got oil on your property. I think most of Oklahoma has been pumped out, but what's left is more valuable than it once was, and it sure has a nice, strong money trail.
Sandy

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:08 am

Ed: Sandy are you suggesting that the propaganda sources that Keith and you rely on work for free? I know a fellow who would be glad to sell you some swamp land.

And I no longer have any land to have oil on. I also doubt that David's single well (and I do not know that he still has that one) a major influence in this argument. While I could agree with you that the oil industry has worked hard at feathering and protecting its own nest, many with in that industry have been the financial back bone of Baptist Life in the Southwest. That includes one of the three original moderators of this site. As to Keith's tag line, I respond with one one of the first axioms of computer technology, GIGO.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Sandy » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:06 am

Sandy

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:05 pm

Ed: I discovered a lengthy British documentary that debunks the global warming hysteria quite well I believe. See it at; http://guardianlv.com/2014/01/global-wa ... ney-video/

And in it the money is shown to come primarily from Governmental Tax Funded grants not private altruistic charitable entities.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Sandy » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:40 pm

Global warming denialist propaganda is largely funded by corporate interests, not altruistic charities. The latter is generally how much of the truth about global warming is published. It's an imbalance that is deceitful and leads to the squelching of truth. It certainly proves Paul's words to Timothy that the love of money is the root of all evil (I Tim. 6:10).

Interesting that a piece like that would be funded by the British government, given their position on the environment, including global warming. It makes the credibility of your link highly questionable.
Sandy

Postby David Flick » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:58 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:27 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:35 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:59 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:54 am

. . . .
David Flick