Major Earthquake in Napa CA

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Major Earthquake in Napa CA

Postby Mrs Haruo » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:06 pm

From what I have seen on TV and on-line, there has been heavy damage from a major earthquake north of San Francisco in the wine country of Napa County. Worst quake the state has seen since the '89 one that I experienced south of San Francisco when I got caught in a grocery store when everything started flying off the shelves and when the shaking was over, waded out through what had been a well-stocked liquor department. Then this morning another aftershock to add to the uneasiness of residents. I remember after the quake that interrupted the World Series having small children that were so frightened that we just all slept together like a pile of puppies that night. Not near as messy as a river flowing through your house, but frightening just the same, particularly in an area of old historic buildings if one is ready to topple onto your business. Do your churches have an emergency plan in place in case your congregation had to "shelter in place" if roads were cut off during a service?
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues