[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Ferguson

Ferguson

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: Ferguson

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:56 am

Ed Pettibone

Collinsville has similar court fee problem

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:45 pm

http://www.npr.org/2014/08/25/343143937 ... fuel-anger

Would be interesting to here some good cop engage the scenario if Darren Wilson did in fact have ruptured eye socket. At that point were there any other alternatives. Coulda he left the scene and waited for backup given Brown was unarmed. At that point did protocol demand he begin firing. I doubt he will be found guilty if proof of the eyesocket punch is found compelling.

Even so a lot of ancillary nuances have been bexplored. I find this one to be one of the most reasonable as I've had expereicne with similar court fee system in Collinsville.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Another poignant thought on Ferguson

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:15 pm

He invokes Isabel Wilkerson, the woman who has roots in the Thankful Baptist Church in Rome, Ga, two blocks from where my Mother and father were married:
http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/world-ferguson

Stephen Fox

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:24 pm

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:27 pm

The problem Ed is that you are arguing based on experiences in other places and Sandy and I are arguing as people who have lived and worked in the community where the problem is happening. You are speaking from theory and opinion and we from experience in a community we know.

As to trusting the "fourth estate," you don't have to. There are plenty of reports from persons who aren't journalists with videos galor of the events. The day when newsmedia was the only source of information died as far back as the video taped beating of Rodney King. Everyone owns a camera now in their phone.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

No angel, the humanity of Michael Brown

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:34 pm

I read this piece and the link to the NYTimes article of today:
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... ty/379080/

Stephen Fox

Postby Mrs Haruo » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:49 pm

Your link to the article in Atantic makes a good point, Fox. Back when I was 17, compared to most of my peers, I was unbearably straight laced. I sometimes wonder how they even put up with me.
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:28 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Sandy » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:32 am

Sandy

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:12 pm

Ed Pettibone

Ferguson court fee system

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:33 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/09/us/fe ... ngine&_r=0

Collinsville, Alabama has a similar. I got a 60 dollar ticket in February. My total fee, no questions allowed was 300 dollars

Stephen Fox

Previous

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues