Rove is at it Again

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: KeithE

Rove is at it Again

Postby KeithE » Thu May 15, 2014 8:17 am

Three days ago Karl Rove intimated that Hillary Clinton may have brain damage
http://pagesix.com/2014/05/12/karl-rove-hillary-clinton-may-have-brain-damage/
saying:
“Thirty days in the hospital? And when she reappears, she’s wearing glasses that are only for people who have traumatic brain injury? We need to know what’s up with that.”

What Rove had wrong.

She was in hospital for 4 days not 30. She wore an old pair of sunglasses not some glasses for people with traumatic brain injury.

Reminds me of what he did to John McCain in 2000. From the annals of GOPDirtyTricks

2000 - Republican Karl Rove is at the heart of George Bush's vicious smear campaign against fellow Republican John McCain in the South Carolina primary, claiming McCain was a stoolie while a P.O.W. in Vietnam and now emotionally unstable. Rove is also credited with a coordinated stealth campaign of push polling which asks South Carolina voters: "If you knew John McCain fathered an illegitimate black child would you be more or less likely to vote for him?" This was followed up with direct mail and church parking lot flyers to convince voters McCain's adopted Bangladeshi daughter was actually his illegitimate daughter and that his wife was a drug addict. A Bush operative also stole McCain's email lists and directly emails McCain's closest supporters with scandal and lies. Ironically Karl Rove's mentor Lee Atwater, was the political strategist for Strom Thurman, U.S. Senator from South Carolina, who actually did have an illegitimate African American daughter

Underline mine.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: Rove is at it Again

Postby William Thornton » Thu May 15, 2014 10:40 am

Of course, should she run one would expect the records to be made public. The Clinton's have never been known for being truthful and forthcoming.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog, SBC Plodder
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Timothy Bonney » Thu May 15, 2014 11:04 am

It goes double that Rove has not been truthful. He may not be the father of lies but he may be the mayor of spin and lie town.

The only reason this is going on is that right now there is a good chance if Hillary ran for President she'd win and the Clintons would be back in the White House. Given how well the country actually did while they were in power there are quite a few of us who would welcome them back with open arms. Heck I'd vote for Bill a 3rd time if he were able to run.
Tim Bonney
Blog - http://circuitwriter.org
Timothy Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu May 15, 2014 11:07 am

William Thornton wrote:Of course, should she run one would expect the records to be made public. The Clinton's have never been known for being truthful and forthcoming.

:lol: Neither has Karl Rove.

It's not hard to tell who the Republicans think they'll be facing in 2016. A 13th Benghazi investigation (maybe with yet another lying British paid informant), Rove's remarks, and the damage the GOP has already done which has contributed to her popularity, they seem to be certain that Hillary will run, and their internal polling data must mirror what the news media shows as a potential landslide for her. All we need is for Sarah "It's All About Me!" Palin to interject a couple of catty remarks and the interminable stupidity she is so good at to seal the deal.

I don't see why she should be required to make her records public. Dubya didn't have to, and neither did Cheney.
Sandy
Sandy

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu May 15, 2014 12:23 pm

I'm just waiting for Rove's medical credentials to be posted. Republicans are so scared of Hillary right now, they will say anything to prevent having to run against her.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu May 15, 2014 2:20 pm

Timothy Bonney wrote:It goes double that Rove has not been truthful. He may not be the father of lies but he may be the mayor of spin and lie town.

The only reason this is going on is that right now there is a good chance if Hillary ran for President she'd win and the Clintons would be back in the White House. Given how well the country actually did while they were in power there are quite a few of us who would welcome them back with open arms. Heck I'd vote for Bill a 3rd time if he were able to run.

What? Rove is doing this for politics? Shocking!

Should Hil run, would you expect that her med records should be made public?m
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog, SBC Plodder
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu May 15, 2014 3:47 pm

William Thornton wrote:
Timothy Bonney wrote:It goes double that Rove has not been truthful. He may not be the father of lies but he may be the mayor of spin and lie town.

What? Rove is doing this for politics? Shocking!

A decade ago, yes. Now, after Bush dodged having to provide his and Cheney's, and dodged having to make his military service record public, fair is fair. No expectation of Hillary that Bush didn't have to comply with.

It seems counterproductive for Rove to call Hillary brain damaged. If that's the case, then she's a whole lot sharper with a damaged brain than he is with a healthy one.
Sandy
Sandy

Postby EdnaMurphy » Thu May 15, 2014 5:03 pm

A pair of sunglasses and a big scarf can hide a lot of bad hair day. Ask a woman who has been in a coma 8)
EdnaMurphy

Postby Timothy Bonney » Thu May 15, 2014 11:37 pm

William Thornton wrote:

About has many of them as Bush and Chaney would be fine with me. :wink:
Tim Bonney
Timothy Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sat May 17, 2014 9:21 am

I have to wonder if Karl Rove wants Hillary Clinton to be President. Either he doesn't realize that people think of him as a pathological liar, and his criticism of them leads to increased trust in them, or he does realize it and he is using his extremely negative public image to help her out. Either that or someone is waving cash at him to do this. He lost a fortune in 2012, and again in Virginia in 2013, succeeding in helping no one he supported win an election. Maybe he needs a paycheck.
Sandy
Sandy

Postby Timothy Bonney » Sun May 18, 2014 3:48 pm

Sandy wrote:I have to wonder if Karl Rove wants Hillary Clinton to be President. Either he doesn't realize that people think of him as a pathological liar, and his criticism of them leads to increased trust in them, or he does realize it and he is using his extremely negative public image to help her out. Either that or someone is waving cash at him to do this. He lost a fortune in 2012, and again in Virginia in 2013, succeeding in helping no one he supported win an election. Maybe he needs a paycheck.

It is a good question Sandy. I've wondered the same thing. You'd think Rove would be too smart not to realize that attacking Hillary in the way he has would just marshal people to her defense.

Last I read people are going to go have Hilary for her age. Really? After Ronald Reagan as President, and Grampa McCain running? The GOP worked hard to talk about experience when dealing with Ronny and McCain but now when it is a Dem suddenly being older is a problem.

I'm sure may over 50 are just thrilled at the GOP acting as if having a few years on you means you are disqualified to be President.

Maybe he is being paid to help Hill.
Tim Bonney
Timothy Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon May 19, 2014 6:25 am

Rove doesn't make a move unless he can make a buck off it, so I would guess this is on someone's tab. My guess is that the Clintons, when she officially enters the race, will provide the medical records and make Rove look like a buffoon again. He and his party always seem to leave their opponents with some sort of silver bullet to win elections, whether it's Paul Ryan's budget and turning medicare into a voucher program, or Sarah Palin and her fantasy world.
Sandy
Sandy

Postby KeithE » Mon May 19, 2014 1:13 pm

Sandy wrote:Rove doesn't make a move unless he can make a buck off it, so I would guess this is on someone's tab. My guess is that the Clintons, when she officially enters the race, will provide the medical records and make Rove look like a buffoon again. He and his party always seem to leave their opponents with some sort of silver bullet to win elections, whether it's Paul Ryan's budget and turning medicare into a voucher program, or Sarah Palin and her fantasy world.

Rove may be in it for the money as well, but imo he is a true believer in right wing causes. I suspect he prides himself in pulling off devious smear campaigns no doubt justifying such tactics by what he believes is a righteous end. I doubt the DNC or the Clinton's are paying for this "Hiliary has a damaged brain" story but if more info comes forward that provides solid evidence of such, I'll reconsider.

The depth of ideological stagnation is very strong among right wingers (Fox News, Rush, etc. do their best to cement such public views with bogus stories, innuendo and one-sided commentary). Much of the South/Mountain Areas have bought into this click. Any front runner who is not in that click will face similar false stories.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues