[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - US Climate Change Report Out

US Climate Change Report Out

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

US Climate Change Report Out

Postby KeithE » Wed May 07, 2014 7:06 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: US Climate Change Report Out

Postby Mrs Haruo » Wed May 07, 2014 2:58 pm

The last month or so have had record breaking precip. for the Seattle area. Not this much rain in one month since I was a baby or before.
:o
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby KeithE » Wed May 07, 2014 9:56 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu May 08, 2014 5:34 am

The gummit obviously wants apocalypse to be on its side in passing new regulations that will have no measurable effect on GW, this the latest effort. "Global warming" has lost its lustre. "Climate change" isn't getting the job done. So, let's try "extreme" weather events. Next comes famine, pestilence, war, and death. We just need some colored horses to accompany the reports.

1. This is about politics, namely new job killing regs and satisfying certain constituencies.
2. Gummit pours enough money into the GW industry to indirectly control it's products.
3. The US output of emissions is meaningless on a global scale and nothing we do will impact the alleged problem.
4. Scientists, God love 'em, are no less subject to group think than politicians or clergy.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu May 08, 2014 7:59 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu May 08, 2014 8:19 am

Proudly, My flickonian best. Happy to help.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu May 08, 2014 8:47 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu May 08, 2014 9:33 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby ET » Thu May 08, 2014 12:55 pm

You're looking at this wrong, William. What we need is more wind and solar so that we can free up oil for fueling more vehicles. Cheaper gas means more driving at lower costs. That's why we need wind and solar. :D Our '98 4WD Suburban chews up a gallon in 12-15 miles, so it's quite painful to fill up it's 40 gallon tank before a road trip, although it is nice to be able to make it from Memphis to Roanoke without having to stop for gas.
I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby William Thornton » Thu May 08, 2014 3:04 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Fri May 09, 2014 5:29 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Fri May 09, 2014 12:26 pm

Keith I admire your long suffering attempts to convince people of what is becoming obvious truth about climate change. I'm afraid Flick and William are beyong convincing. Oklahoma could turn into a desert and Georgia sink to the bottom of the ocean and you'd still convince neither of them that this isn't just some made up political gain. Have you ever thought about giving up on Climate debate on this forum? You have to get frustrated.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Fri May 09, 2014 1:20 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Fri May 09, 2014 3:54 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby ET » Fri May 09, 2014 11:00 pm

ET

Postby ET » Fri May 09, 2014 11:10 pm

ET

Postby ET » Fri May 09, 2014 11:15 pm

ET

Postby Sandy » Sat May 10, 2014 6:28 am

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Sat May 10, 2014 10:37 am

I don't buy the set-an-example approach. The Chinese and Indians are perfectly able to stop opening one coal fired power plant per week without looking to us.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sat May 10, 2014 10:47 am

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Sat May 10, 2014 11:04 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sat May 10, 2014 11:28 am

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Sat May 10, 2014 1:49 pm

You left out two words. "Insert "to Sandy" between "Sounds" and "like". Do that and I will agree 100%.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat May 10, 2014 2:10 pm

I guess I have a sense of the importance of property. William and ET, I am certain you would not like a de-regulated zoning model to allow someone to build a coal-fired steam plant without any emission stack scrubbers just downwind from your homes. It would certainly devalue whatever you have. Now to ownership--scripture is clear--"The earth is the Lord's." Since I am a tenant on his property, should I think it's alright to pollute, deface, and destroy what isn't mine to begin with?
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sat May 10, 2014 3:11 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Next

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues