[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - IPCC WGII Report is Out

IPCC WGII Report is Out

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

IPCC WGII Report is Out

Postby KeithE » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:00 pm

Here is the from IPCC WGII (Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerabilities). It is the conclusion of the 745 scientists (309 lead authors) involved. Their risk areas are given on pages 27-31. “Opportunities” are also given (but there are fewer true opportunities and they are often offset by other effects - i.e. if a certain crop will grow better in a more northernly area due to increased heat, the more southerly area will suffer - North Hemisphere example). Yes David I did read what said. He stands with only a few other scientists and is clearly outside the consensus. Read

And you can get to the more technical (and alarming) details in the Full Report.

I’ll trust that some of you will care enough to read some of these reports for yourself. Others no doubt have their barrels loaded by the all-to-ready denialogsphere (or already have fired away) and won’t even peruse the SPM or Technical Report with an open mind to come to their own conclusions - I’ve only had a chance to review the key charts on pages 27-31. But since biological responses and agricultural effects are not my expertise (WG I the Physical Basis is more up my line), I’ll trust the scientists. You probably should too! I thought I’d give you a chance to learn from a dispassionate source of experts.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues