[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Sarah Palin and a Broken Clock

Sarah Palin and a Broken Clock

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Sarah Palin and a Broken Clock

Postby Sandy » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:50 am

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/st ... -russian-/

Interesting. Clearly the criticism of her as a foreign policy lightweight bothers her, and makes her defensive, given her recent "I told-ya-so" facebook post.

But the facts don't vindicate her. Her remarks indicate that, as usual, she didn't have a clue what she was talking about. Putin invaded Georgia during the Bush administration. If her prediction had anything to do with reality, she would have to attribute the kind of weakness and equivocation to Dubya that she wanted to slap on Obama, who was just a US Senator at that time, because he equivocated, and essentially did nothing. How could he? He had invaded another sovereign country without provocation just a few years earlier.

Somehow, I hope that the Tea Party gets this woman back into the national spotlight about five or six months prior to the next election. That would be an incredible strategy to get Democrats elected.
Sandy

Re: Sarah Palin and a Broken Clock

Postby William Thornton » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:11 am

You ever watch Obama off teleprompter try and discuss any foreign policy issue? The man is near incompetent, though more likely just would rather deal with domestic community organizer stuff.

Palin isn't Commander in Chief and those who are predisposed to such things may have a hearty laugh whenever it suits them. Obama's laughers have real consequences.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:18 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:23 am

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:56 am

Google it, Keith. You'll get all you want.

This is what I would call a set piece about Palin. We all have our set pieces.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:33 am

Foreign policy is seldom about American initiatives. It's about our reactions. Most of our foreign policy is conducted in the quiet realms rather than out front. My fear about folks like Palin is that she doesn't have an unpublished thought. Diplomacy is always the art of the possible, not the ideal.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:47 am

"Googling" gets you all the nut case stuff, rumormongering and whatever worthless garbage has been put out there. Unless you've got a piece that is verified or verifiable by journalistic standards, you've got pandering to biases or inventions of the mind. And Fox News is not a source verifiable by journalistic standards.
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:12 am

Sandy

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:18 am

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:40 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:07 pm

That's the problem with political discussions on this forum William. Obama isn't the best President we've ever had. But everything here is extremes. He isn't the best so now he is "incompetent." If you want "incompetent" take a look at a President who got us into two wars for no good reason that we are just getting out of. I'll take Obama's level of competence over GWBs just about any day of the week.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:57 pm

Like I said, these are set piece comments and while I am unlikely to start a trashobama topic, when this stuff gets tossed out, I don't feel compelled not to respond.

This was the ihatebush forum, you know, with continuing residuals.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:05 pm

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:08 pm

I love you man...and somehow I knew the problem with obamacare would be corporate greed and evil miscreant capitalists. :D

There has never been anything racial in my comments...but cheap shots aren't unknown here.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby ET » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:25 pm

I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:16 pm

Actually, the Republican most touted for his successes had managed nothing more than a union prior to running for governor in California.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:59 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:55 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:04 pm

I'm not much of a fan of Obama's presidency (not even of his 2015 budget from what I've seen), but I would really appreciate a link to a couple of his off-teleprompter bloopers, William. "Google it, you'll get plenty" is the sort of response I'd expect from Fox! Mind you, I'm not saying they're not out there, but I haven't seen them and you are the one who says they are there, so where?
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:07 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:02 pm

Sandy