[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Huckabee -- Is he REALLY viable for 2016?

Huckabee -- Is he REALLY viable for 2016?

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Huckabee -- Is he REALLY viable for 2016?

Postby Chris » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:15 pm

I just can't agree that this is the best the Repubs can offer. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... stein.html
Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Re: Huckabee -- Is he REALLY viable for 2016?

Postby William Thornton » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:36 pm

No way...he makes too much money.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:28 pm

Outside the Tea Party and Faux News, I don't know anybody that would be excited about Huckabee. I think there is a GOP scramble for viable candidates since Christy has his bridge scandal.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:36 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:50 pm

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:55 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:25 am

Ed, I think you are straining at gnats. Frankly, I like Christie, but this scandal has tainted his attraction to the GOP donor base right now. He was not there and did not visibly participate in the lane closures, but because it happened in his administration, it is tied to his name. It's much like tying the loss of life in Benghazi to Hilary Clinton who also was not there and did not materially participate in what was happening. It may not be just, but it influences the supporters for a presidential campaign.

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:24 pm

I just saw the results of a CNN poll (on MSNBC of all places) that shows HUCKABEE is now the front-runner. 2-5-2014
Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Postby Sandy » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:00 pm

In a word, no. There was a time when Huckabee represented a more centrist, less traditional social approach to conservative politics, but he's perceived, like all too many Republicans, that you have to pander to the right wing to win. With the country clearly shifted center, to center left politically, and that shift moving more to the left, the GOP is in the position of having its extreme right wing in position to dictate policy and platform. That's why, in spite of the negative propaganda that has been put out on the affordable care act, (most of which turns out not to be the case when tested with truth) the President's party is still sitting pretty when it comes to their chances of gaining control of both houses of Congress in 2014.

I think we're beyond the discussion of where Christie was or what he knew when the bridge was being blocked. If that many of your closest, top political associates and aids were directly involved, and are busy handing in resignations and pleading the 5th, it doesn't matter whether he knew or not. If you keep up with the news, it's moved well beyond the bridge, into areas involving disaster relief fund allocation, and now contractor bids with state money, and all of those things do have paper trails connecting to the governor.
Sandy

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues