[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Founding Fathers rolling over in their graves

Founding Fathers rolling over in their graves

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: Founding Fathers rolling over in their graves

Postby William Thornton » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:46 am

Keith sez: But I’m glad that William has rescinded his words (see his green words above )

Referring to my "end of discussion" comment on the question that corporate spending is indeed constitutional as a result of SCOTUS' decision. There can be no sensible discussion that such is not constitutional.

You are smarter than this.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:41 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:46 pm

My thick headed engineer friend: It is constitutional cuz SCOTUS sez it is. If you toss out graphs until we all puke on our keyboards, it is still constitutional. If every hack constitutional xpoit sez it is unconstitutional, as long as five justices sez it is, it is.

We can have fun saying it ain't but that doesn't mean it ain't.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:46 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:31 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:52 am

Keith writes "There certainly can be discussion about the constitutionality of corporate spending on elections. To say otherwise is saying the SCOTUS is infallible and the very definition of Constitutionality and Ultimate Best Election Practices.

No Keith, William is not saying that the SCOTUS is infallible, he is saying that they are the final arbitrator of what is constitutional at any point in history.
Ed Pettibone

Postby William Thornton » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:52 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:01 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:28 pm

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:17 am

Keith, either a slow learner or a stubborn tweaker (I'll be gracious and take the latter) said: "William was trying to close off discussion"

William, if I may be Bob Doleish, absolutely shut off discussion on the question of the constitutionality of corporate campaign spending. SCOTUS said it wuz constitutional; therefore, it is. End of that discussion.

Campaign finance whiners may say that the justices are idiots, that they don't know the constitution from a right wing corporate rag, and that they are business lackeys. The leftist, perpetual, rock-in-shoe anti-capitalists may offer that in their lay, unofficial, and unenforceable opinion that such is UNconstitutional...but they cannot say that the black robed constitutional masters have not defined for our laws, gummit, and citizenry what is constitutional in this regard.

The discussion by the constitution opinion machines have, manifestly, not been ended, nor should or will they.

Prattle on, brethren.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:23 am

SCOTUS has been proven wrong several times. For decades SCOTUS recognized "separate but equal" as being acceptable until 1954. Citizens United will unravel in the same way, I predict.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:08 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:00 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Mrs Haruo » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:10 pm

:o Don't bring your pukey old keyboards to me to clean, no way, no how!
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby Haruo » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:39 am

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:15 am

I love leeks...such a biblical food item.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues