[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Where are ET, William, David on TPP?

Where are ET, William, David on TPP?

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Where are ET, William, David on TPP?

Postby Haruo » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:21 pm

The TPP thread is almost all Keith, with a post from me and a couple from Sandy thrown in. I am wondering where the right wing of our brethren is on this.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Where are ET, William, David on TPP?

Postby David Flick » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:09 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:19 pm

Not on my radar. I got the sense of a lot of chicken little scare language in the links which makes me wonder if the greens and anti capitalists are stirring it up. Can't comment on the specifics.

Keith can have a free run on this one. I've been busy with a flooded basement following a highly rare January torrential downpour. My regular plumber was stuck on a ship in the Antarctic and my back up got kicked out of the plumbers union for not showing enough of a derrière crack while working. Had to do it myself.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:40 pm

You didn't mention me but it isn't my interest either. I personally think free trade is necessary and that protectionism, in the long run, doesn't help the US economy or the world economy. I'm not bothered.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby ET » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:43 pm

Based on the "googling" I've done on the topic, it's the end of life as we know it for Americans. I don't have much interest in getting into something like that. As of the last of 2013, the thing has gone 19 rounds and still has a lot of unresolved issues. Doesn't appear to be any final draft and the only legitimate bit for discussion seems to be whether or not to grant BO "fast track" authority on the matter.

I just don't care to jump into a discussion of hypotheticals based on leaked versions of a draft document that is not in final form and appears to still have a lot of issues to resolve.
I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby KeithE » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:41 pm

How do you spell aa=path=he?
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues