[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Another Good One from Robert Reich

Another Good One from Robert Reich

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: Another Good One from Robert Reich

Postby ET » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:52 pm

I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby KeithE » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:25 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:35 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: Another Good One from Robert Reich (Dave)

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:07 am

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:33 am

Sandy

Postby Sandy » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:36 am

Sandy

Re: Another Good One from Robert Reich (Dave)

Postby KeithE » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:39 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:43 am

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:56 am

Or, Dave, we might say that there is considerable debate about Christians using the power of government to force others to accomplish what they see as their own version of religious beliefs. We might also say that there is considerable debate about the efficacy of government in achieving stated results. ET and I are no less Christian than our more politically liberal colleagues here because we differ on such things.

It used to be that fundamentalists were criticized for their narrow and exclusive views of political, social, and theological matters and for claiming God to be on their side and not the liberal side. Now mod/libs, perhaps attempting to employ that which they saw gave the fundies success, are the New Fundies.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:08 am

Sandy

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:50 am

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:33 pm

There are no laissez faire proponents here. None.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:33 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:39 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Mrs Haruo » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:02 pm

May those who have lived off the blood, sweat and tears of those on the other side of the railroad tracks walk in the worn out shoes of those who put the feast on their tables this year. Just for a little while. Just long enough to feel what it is like to have no hope of getting anywhere up the ladder of life because the rungs keep breaking every time you try to climb. :roll:
Mrs Haruo

Postby David Flick » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:57 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:28 pm

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:43 am

I'm not much of a baloney eater but have often enjoyed tripe, breaded and fried, as served up by my mother and grandmother for breakfast.

...but some of the stuff my unionist friend Sandy serves up here is inedible fit only for the garbage can. No thanks. He comes by it honestly, though.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Mrs Haruo » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:36 pm

:-P "Oh ya can't scare me, I'm sticking to the union, I'm sticking to the union, till the day I die!"

We are a UNION HOUSEHOLD!

It was a Miner's Union job that paid $3 a DAY back in the 1930's that got my Dad through the University. My Carpenter's and Joiner's Brotherhood made sure I was paid fairly and on time and taught how to work safely on a dangerous construction site, Haruo is carrying a union card right now at his job. So if you are spitting on Sandy for being a "Unionist", well, here we are too!
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby Sandy » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:46 pm

Well, here's a link for you and Haruo to enjoy, from one of my favorite folk singers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7nclwc ... hgKyqFTyrP
Sandy

Postby Dave Roberts » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:58 pm

I had to join a union when I was a seminary student to work in a grocery store--was a member of the Amalgamated Meat Cutters.

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues