[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Lie of the year

Lie of the year

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Lie of the year

Postby William Thornton » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:25 am

My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Re: Lie of the year

Postby KeithE » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:17 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:40 am

Take it up with NPR and the non-partisan fact check outfit.

I'm just the messenger here and am always happy to help.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:34 am

I have to agree with Keith, it is only a lie if you intentionally misled people. Obviously the President was mistaken.

Honestly a better contender would be Donald Trump's recent insinuation that the Hawaii official who died in a plane crash who had been the person to release the President's birth certificate was possibly killed by the government in a cover up. That is either an out and out lie or Trump had quit taking his medication.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:32 am

NPR didn't flinch on reporting it as the LIE of the year.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:13 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:54 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:03 pm

I agree with Keith. I have several issues that I think the President deserves criticism for but the stuff the RW comes up with is often just bogus such as the continued birther garbage.

If want an example, I'm not happy with the President's decisions on Guantanamo or how long it is taking us to get out of our Middle Eastern wars.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:01 pm

You guys are a hoot. RW had nothing to do with politifact unless they are to be blamed for reminding the public of BO's own words. And do you think NPR, gummit news service, would bite on any bogus RW stuff? The prez did this all by himself, with a lot of help from his LW statist friends.

I humbly predict that this is a gift that will keep on giving...
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:14 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:14 pm

The president made an assertion, a factual statement that can be checked. It was. I gave you non-partisan results.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:20 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:33 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Sandy » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:43 pm

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:28 pm

OK, who's going to go ahead and trot out the coup de grace: it's Bush's fault?
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:42 pm

It's probably Dan Quayle's fault. :brick:
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:10 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:09 am

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:57 am

...maybe the GW denialists...
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:47 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

The Tea Party is The Lie

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:10 pm

As I have repeated for about a year now, The Conservative Norm Ornstein said so in its Worse than it Looks.

That lie and the one Fox News advances about the Social Welfare miasma of Wellspring and Freedom Works and their fog of anonymous donors and half truths and innuendo that would almost make a 60s Wallace and WA Criswell wince
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:27 pm

Here is another one for your. 60 Minutes has earned the coveted "Error of the Year" award their bogus Benghazi reporting.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/1 ... 65483.html
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:35 am

Sandy

The Real LIe, The Tea Party, Same as Last year

Postby Stephen Fox » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:03 am

"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."