[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Keeping Your Doctor?

Keeping Your Doctor?

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Are your keeping your same doctor under ObamaCare

Poll ended at Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:32 am

Yes
100%
I think so
No votes
Probably not
No votes
No
No votes

Total votes : 7

Keeping Your Doctor?

Postby KeithE » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:32 am

Assuming you like your primary physician, do you believe ObamaCare will prevent you from keeping that doctor.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: Keeping Your Doctor?

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:33 pm

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:35 pm

I have decided not to try the exchanges partly because of the debacle and uncertain future. I did not, therefore, need to ascertain whether or not I could keep my doctor, or use labs and hospitals that I prefer.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:35 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:18 am

I'm not affected one way or the other. Now have union health plan w/ a doctor (whom I have not met yet); previously I had no health coverage and saw lots of good doctors at Swedish when my leg was broken.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby ET » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:37 am

You guys are gonna have to wait this one out since almost none of us are in the individual market. Such polls are premature. The other shoe drops next year when Obamacare lowers the hammer (and sickle? :wink: ) on group policies, particularly on small business.
I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby Sandy » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:18 pm

Sandy

Postby Mrs Haruo » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:48 pm

No worries on my part. I get my care through the Veteran's Administration courtesy of a military service connected "spindle, fold, and mutilation". They sent me a letter earlier this year that although my care there is not insurance, it was considered a health coverage according to the Obama care bill, and I would not have to sign up for an additional plan. I have the same doctor until she retires or moves on to greener pastures.
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby William Thornton » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:47 pm

Just got the word from an obamacare wonk, .

There. That settles that.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:02 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:26 pm

It was CHRIS Wallace interviewing Zeke Emmanuel. Try following my links, bro...
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:46 pm

Pre-Obamacare I've paid more for my insurance nearly every year than the previous year. How would paying more be different?
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:29 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:20 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:34 am

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:46 am

It's called OBAMACARE, not INSURANCEINDUSTRYCARE for a reason. He owns it.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:51 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:21 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:51 am

Only if you make a mountain out of a web page William.

As said above, the Republicans want to do anything to make this look bad despite the fact that something similar to this was actually their idea. Republicans really hate it when someone steals one of their rare good ideas and runs with it.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:56 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:16 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Cathy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:00 pm

As long as I have practiced medicine people have had to change doctors because of insurance changes. Then if they don't like the new doctor they try another one. Initial visits to a doctor cost more than repeat visits (it obviously takes more time to take more history) so it's one more thing that drives up costs. Sometimes people have network/insurance changes because they change jobs and sometimes they choose from various options they are given. If they choose the less expensive plan they get a more limited network. Nothing really new about that.

As to my vote on the survey I have a University of Texas Blue Cross Blue Shield policy from my retirement so I don't expect any real changes. If costs go up I won't know that until next September and generally the medical insurance is covered by my benefit package. This is a large group plan and has had many of the ACA requirements built into the plan forever.

By the way, I am very glad to have a 24 yo daughter insured through my husbands plan even though she finished her schooling in October and won't have a group insurance plan until she starts work in a full-time job in January. Presently she is tutoring, babysitting, and working in a tea shop. So not a candidate for insurance in those jobs. That was one of the first changes mandated by the ACA.
Last edited by Cathy on Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cathy

Postby Sandy » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:28 am

Sandy

Postby KeithE » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:56 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:34 am

It was of his own creation, passed by democrats only. The MSM would still be propping him up on this if it had not been such a colossal mess that they couldn't ignore it.

The question now is not if it will be fixed, inherent problems ensure that it will not, but how long will it be before Democrats bolt?
William Thornton
Site Admin

Next

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues