[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Alabama Slime

Alabama Slime

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Alabama Slime

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:31 pm

Mike Hubbard, house speaker tries to pass himself off as a Bradley Byrne Chamber of Commerce Republican but he plays with mendacity the politics Dean Young holds with conviction. And Rick Lance Ex Dir of the Bama SBC doesn't have a clue about the poison that is a cancer in Bama, let alone a remedy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/06/us/po ... ml?hp&_r=0

Byrne it came out on NPR this morning was a Duke Frat brother of John Harwood who writes for the NY Times.

More late but the attention ought to be placed on the sinister world of House Speaker Hubbard and how he plays to the lowest common denominator in a politically god forsaken state. FBC Auburn has a big mission field in the Auburn Network.

See the report on NPR Morning Edition about Koch Bros money and Well Spring. That is the Devil that has a hold of Mike Hubbard and Auburn University should cut ties with him now.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Ask Mike Hubbard

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:34 pm

How deep he is into the World of Wellspring and What the Auburn Creed would have him do?

http://www.npr.org/2013/11/05/242354030 ... -influence

Stephen Fox

Tea Partying the Tea party

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:58 pm

Stephen Fox

Read some Mike Hubbard yesterday

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:25 pm

Read excerpts of his Book Storming the Statehouse or something about his 2010 Takeover of the Bama House. My question for him and his PHD wife Susan is what is their Healthcare plan for the extended families of the SEC.

On another front had a delightful conversation with a Vanderbilt grad interning for Senator Shelby this morning. She didn't know who Judge Frank Johnson was but is gonna do her homework starting with Taylor Branch.

Stephen Fox

Associate Dean, Members of FUMC Auburn

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:28 pm

Stephen Fox

The Auburn Network

Postby Stephen Fox » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:04 am

Stephen Fox

Re: Alabama Slime

Postby KeithE » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:13 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:12 pm

Looks like Alabama operates on the level of a third world country or a Banana republic.

One of the things that these anti-government people don't realize, or don't want you to realize is that you have no protection of your individual rights when the government doesn't have the means to protect them.

It doesn't seem that very many people in Alabama either can, or want to read.
Sandy

Mike Hubbard sent Homeland Security to My House

Postby Stephen Fox » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:24 am

I was up the road a few miles and missed his Badges. Someone tipped them to interview the local Librarian, the Collinsville Baptist Church Historian. See the History wall here with thread on Collinsville, and See My blog about the incident.

But to some extent that is all beside the point as are Hubbard's legal thicket. The Point for me is the Atlantic article I linked above and the Peter Overby reports on NPR about the social welfare groups, and the NPR Fresh Air story on ALEC and how it influences state legislatures writing many bills

Ex Dir of the Alabama SBC is Rick Lance. His former deacon is Robert Bentley. They know Nick Saban and his priest at FBC Tuscaloosa, Gerald Holloway. This Hubbard mess goes to the heart of the character of not only the SEC football league, but the Bama SBC, and FUMC Auburn. For sure at least two Bama Bishops of the UMC, Will Willimon and the current bishop Debra Wallace Padgertt can't stomach Hubbard's slime under the skirts of Auburn's FUMC.

Right around the corner is Wayne Flynt's FBC Auburn with its Historic Witness. Mark Wilson there is leader of the Auburn University Living Democracy Project. Time Somebody shines the Light.

Hide it under a Bushel, No! I'm gonna let it shine. The Inquisition Albert Lee Smith staged for Tom Corts in March 93 deserves a better outcome than this as it was widow Eunie Smith who paved the way for a wretch like Hubbard.

Stephen Fox

Postby Sandy » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:31 am

Sandy

Postby Haruo » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:28 am

At least the Queen of England didn't assassinate Henry Kissinger on direct orders from Criswell... That would have been the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back, and would have set UK-State Department relations back decades.

The photo here shows LHL is clearly Trinitarian, but which is which?
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:51 am

BTW anybody have the real scoop on Winston County's secessionism during the Confederate era? In reading on the history of the Sacred Harp I ran across a reference yesterday to this county that, it said, seceded from the Confederacy and stuck with the Union in the War Between the States and Counties. I gather there was a similar situation in a county of Mississippi.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:46 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:35 pm

Sandy

Maurice Clarett and Ohio State

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:41 am

The ESPN 30/30 documentary Two Youngstowns. I saw it last night for the first time. Could be a lot of analogies for anybody who would contest Hubbard's power in Bama now. Clarett and Jim Brown's challenge to AD Geiger could be instructive. Fascinating doc and I'm wondering if Thornton or Sandy have seen it to date.

There is a Jim Brown connection to Collinsville,Alabama I'm about to pursue.

Stephen Fox

Auburn FBC and the BCS Championship

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:08 pm

Stephen Fox

The Bama Beatitudes

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:04 pm

See conclusion of this excellent first of the Year Oped from Bham Weld:

http://weldbham.com/blog/2014/01/01/the ... -the-poor/

Stephen Fox

NY Times Jan 11, Hubbard movin and Shakin

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:37 pm

Stephen Fox

NPR Fresh Air January 15

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:39 am

NPR will devote an hour to discussing the NY Times January 11 article today. Easy google for NPR Fresh Air

Stephen Fox

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues