[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Bama House Speaker Hubbard and the War on Prayer

Bama House Speaker Hubbard and the War on Prayer

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Bama House Speaker Hubbard and the War on Prayer

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:48 pm

He's for voter suppression, Bo Jackson and Herschel Walker; voter suppression, an immigration law that would send half of the Collinsville state Championship soccer team back to Mexico, and school prayer.

http://www.oanow.com/opinion/columns/ar ... 0f31a.html

See my blog on the matter at foxofbama.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Bama House Speaker Hubbard and the War on Prayer

Postby Neil Heath » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:17 pm

He does a good job of showing how little he understands about the issues involved.
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Review of Hubbard's book on takeover of the Bama legislature

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:25 pm

Stephen Fox

Hubbard's wife of Opp, Alabama

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:31 pm

Stephen Fox

Crowther had Hubbard's number

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:58 pm

Stephen Fox

Postby Sandy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:41 am

I don't think you chose one of the better articles to make your point about Hubbard. The Freedom From Religion Foundation is an extremist group that exhibits very little understanding of religious freedom and takes positions on occasion which actually advocates the violation of individual religious freedom. A school group utilizing a facility belonging to a church is not a violation of the establishment clause, any more than a prayer caravan going from school to school, organized and conducted on a completely voluntary basis violates it. So I'm not really sure what your point is here. You mentioned voter suppression, but cited nothing related to it.
Sandy

Hubbard playing the Helms/Pressler Tea Party Card

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:20 pm

Sandy, I agree there is something that smells about the FFR group. But if you go to Mike Hubbard's Public Facebook wall and read the comments there, the picture clears.

And today the ESPN radio Paul Finebaum show, 4 hours every weekday afternoon interview theatlantic.com's Gregg Easterbrook who investigates FUMC Methodist in good standing Hubbard as part of the seamier side of college athletics.

Stephen Fox

Neil Heath did his research

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:58 pm

Stephen Fox

Re: Neil Heath did his research

Postby Haruo » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:01 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:25 pm

Ed: Next some group will insist that it is a violation of church and state for the police to investigate the brake in at a church.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:06 pm

Well, if those who broke in did so in conformity to their perceived religious duty, it does raise a gray flag.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:17 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:10 pm

I don't know of such a religion, but the Kali-worship of the Thugs, the killing frenzy of the Assassins (and of recent jihadists), and the lack of precision in the definition of terms such as "religion" leave me unsure how unlikely a theft-and-robbery-dictating variety might be.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:47 am

Sandy

Sandy, As always Well Written

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:18 pm

But you are little naïve as to the nefarious politics of Speaker Hubbard and his whole package/arsenal of strategies. Same strategies Pressler and Helms unloaded on James Dunn. And our friend Aaron Weaver has written that up pretty well.

Of course I'm not as familiar about Texas State House politicians as you may be so may be unfair to expect you know the esoterics of Bama's Hubbard, but it ain't pretty.

I have invited Hubbard to attend www.randallbalmer.com 's upcoming Oct 3 lecture at Samford. And I've informed a fellow UGA Rhodes Scholar nominee about him. Tripp Martin, the new pastor at FBC Auburn (WFU Div grad) and Hubb are bound to have lunch soon.

Gonna be interesting.

Stephen Fox

Hubbard on facebook

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:19 pm

Stephen Fox

Hubbard and Evil and Collinsville visit

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:09 pm

see my blog today on Hubbard and the one Thursday on the distinction between Hubbard and Appleton

www.foxofbama.blogspot.com

Stephen Fox

Hubbard bans Baptist links on his Facebook Wall

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:48 pm

Hubbard has banned my participation on his facebook wall. Apparently the straw that broke the camel's back were posts of NPR Fresh Air Riff in the GOP and a link I shared from ABPnews.com on United Baptist front on immigration reform. I hope somebody takes up the cause.

It continues to frustrate me there are no reported incidences of conversations of Auburn University Living Democracy "s Mark Wilson challenging Hubbard on Immigration. Wilson was on search committee that brought Wake Forest educated Tripp Martin to the pulpit of FBC Auburn just a month ago, so certainly there is some tension between the majority of FBC Auburn (Wayne Flynt and company) and FUMC Auburn's most well known parishioner Mike Hubbard.

Stephen Fox

Catholic Mulvaney vs Gowdy and Hubbard on Immigration

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:22 pm

Stephen Fox

Hard to square Jesus with Hubbard's Alabama

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:11 pm