[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Share your political compass score!

Share your political compass score!

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: Share your political compass score!

Postby KeithE » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:34 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:18 am

My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:57 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:08 am

The Hillary thing was an aside.

On being tendentious, just tell me you recognize the inherently subjective concepts of "fairness," what constitutes exploitive, what constitute "needs," and what is "deserved."

We both have a POV. I freely acknowledge mine.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:22 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:58 pm

Ed: :oops: In deed I confused some ones scores, mine were .75 on the economic and -2 on the libertarian.
Ed Pettibone

Postby William Thornton » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:56 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby John Sneed » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:09 pm

For me it went like this,

Economic, left or right .. +2.25

Social scale, up or down .. -1.74

So, according to this, I am a right wing libertarian. Fascinating!

I agree with whoever said there were no choices for neutral answers. The entire survey was biased to the left. But it was fun and interesting to do.
John Sneed

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:39 pm

John I'd have to agree that the survey was worded in such a way that it didn't allow for nuanced answers. So I doubt its overall accuracy too.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:48 pm

I want to respond to item 3:

When William is rolled into the emergency room with his coronary, we will have to discuss with him about his means to determine whether we call the head of cardiology or just let the "hertz rent a doc" on duty in ER handle his case. William, is that what you want? I think not. Obviously, if someone with means wants to have multiple plastic surgeries or liposuctions, let them do it on their own nickel, but if you come in fresh from an accident or a heart attack, then you want the best care for that person regardless of their ability to pay. Likewise, if someone wants concierge medical care, let them pay for it, but don't deny care to the 17-year-old rolled into ER in labor with her baby when there is no father to pay the bill.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:02 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues