[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Todd Starnes thinks Obama is secretly gay

Todd Starnes thinks Obama is secretly gay

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Todd Starnes thinks Obama is secretly gay

Postby Chris » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:52 am

Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Re: Todd Starnes thinks Obama is secretly gay

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:30 am

Well or not, he certainly isn't logical. This is a school yard bully technique. If you like gay people you must be gay yourself! If you don't beat up on nerds then maybe you are a nerd to.

How far have these folks sunk?
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:15 am

Seems the GOP and especially its tea party branch has a death wish for 2014. This kind of stuff, like the birther nonsense, just adds fuel to the fire. It's the big issues that are killing the Republicans in the polls, which they should pay better attention to now after the debacle of 2012. This kind of thing may not sway a lot of votes, though it will cause some backlash, but what it does, like Mitt Romney's gaffe about the 47%, is help the other side raise the kind of money they need to win elections. Aside from the fact that it just makes the person who says it look stupid.
Sandy

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:20 am

Yes, right on target Sandy. You'd think the GOP would go to bed at night having nightmares about Hillary Clinton as President and would decide to be disciplined enough to try to win. The GOP needs to get control of the Tea Party if they ever hope to win.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:00 pm

I'm a Liberal Democrat and I have nightmares about Hillary Clinton being President. I'd like to see her back in the White House in the role of President's Spouse again.
Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:07 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:19 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:25 pm

Ed, it isn't so much that I like to critique because this guy is an easy target. I'm constantly amazed that someone in public on TV could actually say something as stupid as this guy has said and not be laughed right out of the room.

Democrats have their problems. But Republicans have goofs like this guy and Donald Trump still running his goofy birther campaign. If I were I Republican leader I'd be trying to run as fast as possible away from these people and yet the party isn't.

You'd think someone was running an official "How can the GOP lose the Whitehouse again?" strategy.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:25 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:01 pm

Ed the Dems aren't the one's with Rand Paul, Sarah Palin, and Donald Trump. They are doing the Dems work for them. :)
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:26 pm

Sandy

Postby Haruo » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:10 am

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:05 am

If you believe the "talking heads," maybe you have lost yours. :D By the way, don't forget Michelle Bachmann when looking for those from whom to distance the Republican Party.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:49 am

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:51 am

If Obama is gay then his life is probably at risk, because under sharia I think Jeremiah whatsizface in Chicago is honor-bound to kill him. Gay Muslims are a dying breed.

Sorry. Can't help myself.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:41 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:24 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:28 pm

Ed. I saw the tic. :) This isn't a sermon. This is a guy accusing the President of being gay because he supports gay rights. It is just as valid to accuse him of being gay for his facial features, his haircut, or his glasses. In other words his accusations are silly and so Haruo and I are being silly with it. If he can make Obama gay with an accusation, I intend to add to the population of gay Americans by accusing him of the same. :lol:

His accusations are too foolish to be treated seriously.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:31 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:04 pm

God has a sense of humor Ed. But I don't tell many jokes from the pulpit. Yes, I believe preaching is more important then general conversation on an online forum. Also I don't talk politics from the pulpit. That isn't the place.

This is a place to express opinion. The pulpit is for the preaching of God's Word. That separation is important.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:45 pm

Ed Pettibone

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues