[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Master Name Dropper...

Master Name Dropper...

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Master Name Dropper...

Postby David Flick » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:00 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Re: Master Name Dropper...

Postby William Thornton » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:08 am

If I were Trey Gowdy I'd feel neglected. A mere 40 mentions, while Pressler gets 462?
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:35 am

Gowdy is one of his new discoveries. Seems he's been off the Campbells lately. I didn't see Marshall Frady on the list there. He's a perfect name for Stephen to drop, aside from being from Northern South Carolina, he's the journalistic link between George Wallace and Billy Graham. I can see Stephen drawing a conclusion, in his unique way, from Wallace's segregationist philosophy to Trey Gowdy via Billy Graham and his membership at FBC Spartanburg. Somehow, Pressler and the John Birch society would work their way into the post. :lol:
Sandy

Postby David Flick » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:00 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Hey Flick

Postby Stephen Fox » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:01 pm

I like you. Your picture has been on my blog wall for about ten years now.

You're a harmless old coot and I appreciate your work with the Indians in Missionary.

But really, you are showing your ignorance and embarassing yourself and it saddens me to see you be so shallow when you can do much better even in your early 70s And don't sic your state champ wrestllin sons on me. I don't want to mess with them but really, not having read anything of significance in the last ten years or so is no excuse for you to go on that pathetic rant list above.

Otherwise take care brother and take a good look at your assault here.

I asked who Sandy was. FBC Sburg is quite a significant area of concern now. Sorry your wits are failing you and you can't see the forest for my reading list.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Marhsall Frady

Postby Stephen Fox » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:04 pm

Hey Boys, read this and feel very small cause you Are:

http://www.cjr.org/second_read/the_unva ... p?page=all

And hey Lee Saunders, call your Brother in Christ Jesus at FBC Sburg and have him and Trey Gowdy read it too!

Stephen Fox

Gaffney and Collinsville, or Grady Cothen master name droppe

Postby Stephen Fox » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:46 pm

It surprises me that I have mentioned Gaffney almost as much as Collinsville as I never got voted out of anything in Gaffney that I can recall. In fact my HS annual probably has more listings beside my senior picture than William Thornton.

One fellow did threaten to stand on my toes and beat my ass in the ground, a former School board member now deceased. But most folks think I was on the right side of that conflict as just a few miles outside Collinsville most folks see my case against the local librarian.

That said, I think Facebook has been a major contributor to Gaffney gaining ground on my mentions in Collinsville as Gaffney was a good 35 years ago but is daily brought back to life by my active participation on a group facebook wall.

Interestng talley Flick has come up with. He may want to do a similar things with Grady Cothen's Whatever Happened to the SBC. Flicks entry into scholarship if names mentioned determines the value of the work puts me up there with Cothen. And I be water backed up my hiney if Flick with all his limitations and failing faculties wants to be so asinine as to demean Grady Cothen on this board just because he mentioned many names more than once in his much celebrated work on the SBC

Stephen Fox

Re: Hey Flick

Postby David Flick » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:14 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Grady Cothen and David Flick

Postby Stephen Fox » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:11 am

Jack Harwell sent Grady Cothen to my house for research on his Book that Buddy Shurden lavished with praise.

If Cothen came to Flick's house, it's news to me and I don't remember Flick gettin a note from Bill Moyers.

So in some folks eyes, all my book readin does come to somethin. I guess it's in the eye of the beholder.

Flick, I like that last sentence about you be in the shade of Thornton and Gourley. I guess you have no idea just how dark that forest is gettin for you and how "Shady" it is.

But I like the fightin spirit of your response.

Fight on.

Oh, The Billy Graham conference at Wheaton has been alerted to FBC Sburg. Could be a different jury report there!

Stephen Fox

Postby Sandy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:46 am

Sandy

FBC Spartanburg and Immigration

Postby Stephen Fox » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:24 am

There are a lot of good folks at FBC Sburg. On occasion visitting the Upstate I catch Don Wilton on TV while Billy himself is watching. Often some strong preaching.

There is no Gaffney resentment. In the past few years through facebook I've reconnected with several folks in Gaffney one who was in www.ginnybrant.com 's SS class. My Gaffneyite and fellow Beta club member says that though she doesn't buy the political baggage, as a Christian Ginny is the real deal. Almost every exchange I have with Ginny I tell her to give my regards to her sister Dolly who at Furman had a two year, maybe more romance with a fellow who later embraced the CBF. Dolly has named one of her son's Graham, after Billy. I think that nephew of Ginny is in track to be a Baptist preacher.

So your resentment accusation, notions of envy are wrong.

FBC Sburg, like you, Lee Saunders dropped the ball on Baptist ID. Now they are ill prepared as a community to move a rising very influential person in the World of the Tea Party toward immigration reform, the kind Suzii Paynter and Miguel de La Torre embrace.

Please share this note with your staffer friend at FBC Spartanburg. I will call Trey Gowdy's office in the morning and bring it to their attention. Stewart Simms of Greer, his legacy, could improve the justice witness of FBC Spartanburg, like I imagine the legacy of Billy Graham will be chastened by the upcoming conference at Wheaton.
Yall have a Nice Day

Stephen Fox

Postby Sandy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:36 am

Sandy

FBC and intellectual dishonesty

Postby Stephen Fox » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:50 am

Let me know when FBC Spartanburg has an honest conversation about Giberson and Stephens The Anointed; and Rachel Held Evans Evolving in Monkeytown. Sandy Saunders Lee, your Center is unbalanced, skewed.

You and FBC Sburg are WEIGHED IN THE BALANCE AND FOUND WANTING!

Stephen Fox

It is Well with My soul

Postby Stephen Fox » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:33 am

FBC Greenville pianist is doing a magnificent job this morning live on line with that great hymn solo during the offertory. I was in the sanctuary last week for the Furman Singers Reunion to hear a magnificent rendering of Larry Fleming's Sing and Ponder. Text by Fortunatus: "Tell How Christ the World's Redeemer, as a Victim Won the Day."

This morning I called the prayer line of FBC Spartanburg with concerns about the public witness of their congregation on immigation reform. Brought their attention to this conversation here at Baptistlife.com. Said I hope CBS 60 minutes will come explore their tea party ideology and have Lee Saunders as a talking head.

Said if I could pull it off, would find a church van in Collinsville and bring the state champion soccer team to a service to bear public witness in their congregation. Maybe the camera would find them and Billy Graham could see in Montreat!

Stephen Fox

Re: Grady Cothen and David Flick

Postby David Flick » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:30 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:22 pm

Sandy