[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Lack of "Racial Empathy" in America is "appalling"

Lack of "Racial Empathy" in America is "appalling"

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: Lack of "Racial Empathy" in America is "appalling"

Postby Sandy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:47 pm

Sandy

Re: Anthea Butler and Starlette McNeil

Postby Chris » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:51 pm

Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Postby ET » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:27 pm

I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

ET's list of discreditted black conservatives"

Postby Stephen Fox » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:08 pm

ET"s list is pretty much a joke. Pardon the inflammatory word but they don't carry much water.

There are some black conservatives to be reckoned with, Carol Swain of Vanderbilt for one. And the little known Eric Motley of Samford University, now with the Aspen Institute.

Motley came to be a favorite of the well respected Tom Corts during his Presidency.

I would be interested to see if he has weighed in on this matter.

I think Auburn's Charles Barkley misses the point on the Trayvon verdict; but he carries more water in my opinion than Clarence Thomas.

See my links in the Covenant. The next thing to explore here is Mike Hubbard of the Bama legislature and Auburn network.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby William Thornton » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:03 am

ET gets a trophy for being so restrained in his comments on this matter.

He and I do understand that forum mod/libs would prefer Z be drawn and quartered and that political libs are often hampered in their goals by our constitution, due process, peer jury system and other American foibles.

Deal with it.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

A Winder Reminder

Postby Stephen Fox » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:49 am

William, we do know that on April 5, 1968 Martin Luther King Jr was to be in the Canebrake about five miles from your former pastorate in Statham but he never made it.

Some folks at UVA and Duke are working on ALEC and Stand your Ground laws. Stay in touch on this one and keep your soul open to new insights.

Jill Lepore's Leaving Breathing Constitution remains a work with new truths to unfold.

With some grace the Tea Party will disappear and Florida, maybe with the SEC Football league leading the way will bring us to a new understanding.

Have Mark Richt begin a season long study on Wednesday nights about Jesus and Stand Your Ground. Why Not?

The jury has delivered a verdict. Further conversations are a distraction.

Time to put the Tea Party on trial, with the Apostle Bonhoeffer as chief magistrate to see if we can't help President Obama form a more perfect Union. As I have suggested many places. UGA grad, Mike Hubbard of the Auburn Network, native of Hartwell,Ga, speaker of the Bama House should be Exhibit A in those deliberations. I posted as much on the facebook wall of his FUMC Auburn, but they deleted it.

Stephen Fox

Postby KeithE » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:35 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:58 am

Sandy

Postby KeithE » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:16 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Saluting Robert E Lee and Dixie

Postby Stephen Fox » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:34 am

http://www.studio360.org/popup_player/#

Words changed during Reconstruction. Lincoln requested it at his first Inauguration.

Cultural genocide?

Glenn McConnell Lt Gov of S.C. part of the conversation.

Stephen Fox

Duke Baptist replies to Butler

Postby Stephen Fox » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:39 pm

Stephen Fox

Postby Sandy » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:12 pm

Sandy

Postby ET » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:53 pm

ET

Postby William Thornton » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:16 pm

Got pick pocketed in Madrid right after visiting the Prado and viewing the Naked (and Clothed)Maja. Young white couple working together. I was distracted by the female, latent Maja thoughts, perhaps. However I had cash stashed elsewhere on my person...only cost me $30 and some time and trouble. Now if I was headed to tunica to let a big bankroll roll, that might hurt.

I am somewhat worried about being prosecuted for heterosexual impulses what with all the gay rights stuff going on...or at least a moral reprimand from Timothy ("William, it is shameful and unchristian to discriminate on the basis of gender. You should have been distracted by the male and let the female pick your pocket.").
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:45 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:50 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:11 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:09 am

Sandy

Postby ET » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:28 pm

Martin didn't get shot for wearing a hoodie. He didn't get shot for walking through a neighborhood. He got shot for attacking a guy and pounding his head into the pavement, regardless of anything else. Even in the state of TN, a blow to the head is considered justification for use of deadly force.

I recommend you see Charles Barkley's comments on the matter.

On a lighter note, as I saw one humorous item today, Zimmerman needs to change his name to Ben Ghazi. Then you and the others wouldn't ever talk about him again. ROTFL. :lol:
ET

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:01 pm

Part of the problem will always be the lack of witnesses. We will never have Martin's version--only Zimmerman's. He may have told he whole truth and may not. We will never know. There was certainly a reasonable doubt on his guilt, but there is also a reasonable doubt also as to his innocence. That's the way this one will remain.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

How it got this way

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:29 pm

Not just Thornton, but Dave is part of the problem too if either of them linger much longer before reading Harvey and Blum on the Color of Christ. The Intro is powerful, one of the most unforgettable things I've ever read on race in America at the gut level.

And dont wait too long when you get the book to read about Langston Hughes "****** Christ" written right after Scottsboro boys in 1932

Stephen Fox

Postby William Thornton » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:14 pm

Yeah, Dave and William, ecclesiastical Sacco and Vanzetti according to Fox. :roll: :roll: :roll:
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:44 pm

Sandy

Postby Sandy » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:46 pm

Sandy

Postby KeithE » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:08 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues