[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Aaron Weaver and the Politics of Abortion

Aaron Weaver and the Politics of Abortion

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Aaron Weaver and the Politics of Abortion

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:45 pm

Big Daddy Weave, Aaron Weaver is the new communications director of the CBF. His office is in Atlanta in the same complex as Suzii Paynter new CBF director formerly of the Texas Christian Life Commission.

I imagine Suzii knows Ann Richards daughter well, Anne now political activists for Abortion rights.

Here is Weaver's post today at ed.com

http://ethicsdaily.com/will-moderate-ba ... -cms-20810

Here is what Aaron Can do. He can go down the Hall and between he and Suzii they should be able to bring Ms Richards to Greensboro for a CBF breakout and let's explore the political realities of Aaron's piece given the wolf at the door, the Tea Party of Trey Gowdy, Weaver's fellow Baylor Grad, whose Tea Party class of 2010 unseated Baylor's Poage Institute's and Baptist church state champion Chet Edwards.

While Aaron's piece is full of conviction, it is a little naïve in realpolitik seems to me given the ongoing political juggernaut of the Karl Rove/Richard Land/Tea Party Baptists mentality.

Again, I applaud Weaver's convictions but before he gives a knee jerk response, even the moving story of his sister who took an unwanted pregnancy to full term I would love for him to address the "mendacity" quotient Christine Stansell so expertly documents in her easily googled April 2012 New Republi piece on abortion politics since Roe.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

key Stansell paragraph on Mendacity

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Stephen Fox

National Journal interview with Cecile Richards

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:59 pm

http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics ... d-20120714

And what Cecile Richards learned from Todd Akin; What Aaron Weaver can learn from Cecile Richards:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/12/magaz ... -akin.html

Stephen Fox

Re: Aaron Weaver and the Politics of Abortion

Postby William Thornton » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:07 pm

I have always liked BDW. He is a sharp guy. The CBF has someone who knows the lay of the land and who can help them.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:36 pm

I think Aaron speaks for many of us. We are not abortion rights supporters, but we do not want to criminalize the procedure. Third trimester abortions have always been rare, but they have been done. These are the darkness in the debate. I appreciate Aaron for shedding some light in the discussion.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:31 pm

I notice a Christian band “Big Daddy Weave” - . That’s not you Aaron, is it?

WRT abortion I agree with Aaron, that we should not cede the abortion issue to the Religious Right. But not just for the 3rd trimester. Any fertilized egg is at least a potential human being. Potentiality should be guarded just as much as an actuality, imo. So it is not just viability outside the womb that marks sacredness of life. Jesus warned against harming one of the "least of these”.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Dave Roberts

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:52 pm

I don't disagree with what Dave Roberts said, or much of what Aaron is about; its like the border before the Dream Act. The Mendacity of the religious right in compliance with the amoral GOP strategists in the world of Karl Rove, the Koch brothers and the legacy of Lee Atwater--race card is dead, so play the abortion card, the religion card; in that world Aaron Weavers Sunday school lesssons pullin hairs is little naïve.

That's where this conversation, with the Christine Stansell review that concludes the Tea Party has perfected the mendacity of abortion politics deserves an unwincing review with Robert Parham Suzii Paynter and Cecile Richards in the room.

Stephen Fox

Postby TrudyU » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:28 pm

TrudyU

Alabama Abortion politics

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:49 am

Made an NPR story earlier this week at www.wbhm.org

Weaver has great petri dish for his notions here in Bama in the coming months; script couldn't be written any better to explore his notions with an SBC Deacon Gov; ravenous tea party in Judge Roy Moore's playground and the Dave MackShow on WAAX radio, Gadsden, Alabama

Stephen Fox

Postby Sandy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:22 pm

Sandy

NY Times article begs for CBF conversation in Gboro

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:58 pm

Stephen Fox

Miguel De La Torre takes issue with Weaver

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:29 pm

Least it seems to me, a difference, a distinction of emphasis if nothing else in this article.

Again, is Stansell's conclusion about mendacity in the politics of abortion out of order for folks like Aaron Weaver?

http://abpnews.com/opinion/commentaries ... b9_BbEo6M8

Stephen Fox

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues