[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Gutting of Financial Reform

Gutting of Financial Reform

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Gutting of Financial Reform

Postby KeithE » Sun May 26, 2013 7:47 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: Gutting of Financial Reform

Postby Dave Roberts » Sun May 26, 2013 8:06 am

We just keep inviting the fox to guard the henhouse. No wonder we get what we get.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun May 26, 2013 8:48 am

It is stuff like this that makes me think I'm going to be under appointment until mandatory retirement and then take a part-time church in retirement.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sun May 26, 2013 10:09 am

I know William is not around, but I wonder if he has any critique of the banking industry, or only of gummit. (Noting that this thread is about a (willful?) failure of gummit.)
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sun May 26, 2013 10:11 am

I think a good case could be made for the controlling big-bank stockholders and executives being the most egregious "leeches and looters".

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun May 26, 2013 1:40 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sun May 26, 2013 7:31 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:08 am

I a not a bid fan of the mega banks and their cozy rel. w/gummit. They were perfectly willing to kowtow to pressure to make toxic subprime loans so long as the gummit provided the a safety net.

I not sure gummit has the capability of fixing this sector. The best medicine might have been to let banks get wiped out. One yahoo like Barney Frank can screw up a lot of things. Dodd too.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:45 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:53 am

William, I think your "m" key needs a little WD-40. You typed "a" when you meant "am" and then "the" when you meant "them".

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:24 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:33 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:46 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:45 am

Check the front page of today's US Today. It ends with 'The question is not if the US faces another financial crisis, it's when'
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:47 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:35 am

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:42 am

I am not so jaded as to believe effective legislation ( and enforcement) is impossible. One thing for sure is that if we don't try somehow, the practices will repeat. Letting the 'too big to fail' banks fail ( as William suggests) is good as well; no reason both can't be tried.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues