[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Congratulations, South Carolina!

Congratulations, South Carolina!

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Congratulations, South Carolina!

Postby Sandy » Tue May 07, 2013 8:23 pm

...on the election of the philandering adulterer, Mark Sanford, as your new Congressman. You have taken hypocrisy to new heights, and have elevated politics over morality in a way that completely undermines Republican positions related to social issues.

How many Christian supporters of the Republican party will now see through the whole charade, and realize they've been both deceived and mocked, and that they are only valued for the votes they can deliver, not their values or moral position, remains to be seen. There will be some. I doubt, because of the inertia of money and the unwillingness of the right wing and Christian media to be honest, that there will be much change. But there will be an erosion of support, and some Christians and churches might actually get back to the business of the church, and drop the political facade.
Sandy

Re: Congratulations, South Carolina!

Postby Dave Roberts » Wed May 08, 2013 9:21 am

Rush Limbaugh's first, second, third, and fourth wives could not be reached for comment on values voting. :oops:
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Wed May 08, 2013 10:23 am

Heard anything from Newt?
Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Wed May 08, 2013 10:46 am

Seems like I recall a lying, adultering Democratic president once upon a time...

On another day and in regard to another winning political party, our forum mod/libs would likely be sniffing about making serious political judgments without being distracted from personal issues.

Deal with it, brethren...
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Wed May 08, 2013 11:21 am

Sandy

Postby Dave Roberts » Wed May 08, 2013 2:34 pm

I don't recall ever trying to justify Clinton in any way. Seems to me, Sanford just wants to pretend this never happened and say he is now the "family values" guy. Clinton at least didn't try to bring God into his actions.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Without SBC Takeover

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed May 08, 2013 4:34 pm

There was no Mark Sanford.

See Marguerite Chiles on Lee Atwater and SC Gov Riley in Smyth and Helwys What Really Matters. Riley and Sanford both Furman grads. Sanford a bout four years behind Mac Brunson, Sanford class of 83. In 2002 Sanford defeated Gaffney's bob Peeler in the GOP Gube Primary. I woulda voted for the Dem had I been in state at time, but Bob was year ahead of me at Central elementary and Gaffney High from Jan 62 on.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Without SBC Takeover, no Sanford.

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed May 08, 2013 4:37 pm

Sanford beat Bob Peeler in 02 gop gube primary. bob year ahead of me in Gaffney from 62 on.

See marguerite chiles in Smyth and Helwys What Really Matters. The difference between Rove and James Dunn.

Stephen Fox

Re: Without SBC Takeover

Postby Sandy » Wed May 08, 2013 6:42 pm

Sandy

Define and Reefine

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon May 13, 2013 4:34 pm

Mark Sanford had extended segment on Fox with Chris Wallace Sunday. Furman grad sanford said a great preacher said don't let your last failure define you, let it refine you as in the Refiner's fire. Next Step for Sanford after former wife refused to be his campaign manager in the S.C. 1stl district is to find a place in D.C. to bed his engaged wife after he is swron in Wednesday.

Stephen Fox

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues