[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Gun Law Effectiveness

Gun Law Effectiveness

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Gun Law Effectiveness

Postby KeithE » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:46 am

Recent shows correlation between gun law strength in a given state with the firearm death rate. More and better gun restrictions leads to guess what? a lower death rate. IOW gun laws work.

The study also shows an even stronger correlation between % household gun ownership vs firearm death rate. The states where household gun ownership is low has the lowest firearm death rate and vice-versa.

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: Gun Law Effectiveness

Postby William Thornton » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:35 am

My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:03 am

That fallacy doesn't apply when you have data that shows a correlation. It only applies when you make the claim without correlating data.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:23 am

Because locales with laws show less deaths it is because of the laws?
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:25 am

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:26 am

And what genius had the eureka moment and figgered that less guns would lead to less gun deaths?

Which of my favorite liberals will take the next step and advocate confiscation of guns?
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:29 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:11 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:28 pm

The graphs are lovely but which of you favor confiscation?
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:52 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:19 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:16 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:26 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby ET » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:54 pm

Keith, you lefties wouldn't know an "assault" weapon from a hole in the ground. You might as well call it a scary-looking gun ban.
I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby KeithE » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:56 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:46 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby TrudyU » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:44 pm

TrudyU

Postby Haruo » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:29 am

Yesterday (looking for information on a recent double homicide in our neighboring suburb of Renton) I opened the website of Channel 4, KOMONews.com, and while I couldn't find the story I was looking for, of the dozen or so stories featured on the front page, the second was "Police: 14-year-old Moses Lake boy shoots, kills parents" and the sixth or seventh was "Police: 14-year-old boy killed by friend playing with gun". As I remarked to Mrs H., looks to me like they should require background checks before they let people have 14-year-old boys.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby TrudyU » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:21 am

TrudyU

Postby Haruo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:17 am

No idea. I didn't read the stories, just the headlines, which I quoted pretty close to verbatim.

The story I was looking for that I didn't find, about , turns out to have been non-shooting in method. Police haven't said how the elderly couple was killed, but they have said it was not by shooting; their grandson is the suspect and the subject of a large manhunt.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:30 am

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:40 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby ET » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:43 pm

ET

Re: Guns laws and murder rates

Postby ET » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:45 pm

ET

Postby William Thornton » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:51 pm

Good job, ET.

Timothy:

1. Have you ever or do you own a gun?
2. Ever fired a gun?
3. hunt?

BTW, I qualified in the US Army with the M-16. It was a dream to fire and I loved the pistol grip. We were allowed once, just once, to flip the weapon on auto and empty a magazine. It's tough to do much on auto...but fun.

But, I am still waiting on the first mob/lib here to come out of the closet in favor of confiscation. Come on brethren, put it on auto and pull the trigger...
William Thornton
Site Admin

Next

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues