[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Is Lying a Republican Party Moral Value?

Is Lying a Republican Party Moral Value?

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Is Lying a Republican Party Moral Value?

Postby Sandy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:49 am

It seems so, at least to freshman Senator Ted "McCarthy" Cruz of Texas, Rand Paul, of Kentucky, and Jim Inhofe of Oklahoma, when it came to lambasting fellow Republican Chuck Hagel.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ ... story.html

Whopper #1 from Cruz:
“It is at a minimum relevant to know if that $200,000 that he deposited in his bank account came directly from Saudi Arabia, came directly from North Korea.”

There was, BTW, no $200,000 bank deposit.

Whopper #2 from Rand Paul:
"Next, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) gave credence to a hoax, published credulously in the conservative press, that Hagel had received funds from a fictitious group called Friends of Hamas. Asked about this by radio host Hugh Hewitt, Paul replied: “You know, I saw that information today, also, and that is more and more concerning.”

There is no such group as "Friends of Hamas."

Whopper #3 from Jim Inhofe:
" The challenges to Hagel’s patriotism continued Tuesday when Inhofe, leading the Republican side in the Senate floor debate, inferred that the nominee, who earned two Purple Hearts in Vietnam, was Iran’s man. “Isn’t it interesting,” he asked, “that Iran supports Chuck Hagel’s nomination to be secretary of defense? . . . That is a frightening thing.”

The commentary from the article writer: "The really frightening thing is that Inhofe takes rogue state propaganda at face value." Good point, except that there isn't a hint anywhere that the Iranian government has paid any attention at all to senate hearings related to the confirmation of Senator Hagel. Why would they?

What all of this adds up to, if you're keeping score, is a smashing Democratic party landslide in 2014. Amazingly, in the face of the continued obstructionism and incompetence shown by the GOP in the months since they lost the election, the Democrats have raised over $400 million for the upcoming mid-terms. I am looking forward to the effect that the Obama ground game, the money, and the blithering idiocy coming from the likes of Lindsay Graham, John McCain, Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, John Boehner and the others that Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal so aptly called "the party of stupid", will have on the mid terms. If you're a Republican, you might want to get in touch with that moving van for the departure to Canada that you've been threatening. Just find a place close to the border, so you can come back for our great health care at twice the price.
Sandy

Re: Is Lying a Republican Party Moral Value?

Postby Haruo » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:33 am

Maybe the Republicans of this stripe aren't looking forward to 2014, Sandy. Maybe they have their sights set on 2020...

I think both parties engage in a constant campaign of lying. And I'm sure many of them would rather tell the truth, and would gladly do so if (a) they knew what the truth was and (b) they thought it would get them anywhere.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Fox News

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:07 pm

See my post on Fox News with link to Steve and Cokie Roberts oped piece. And check my blog.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby William Thornton » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:56 pm

Why not ask Debbie Wasserman Shultz about bald-faced lying?
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:01 pm

Most of it's not lying (on either side) so much as a combination of hyperbole and innuendo.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:16 pm

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:53 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:10 pm

I don't know how many emails I got from Republicans claiming our that our President is a Muslim. I saw Tea Partiers rant and rave about it and saw very very little push back from mainstream Republicans on the claim. So the lying has gone far beyond innuendo and hyperbole to just plain falsehoods for some.

I used to try to watch Fox news to see what the "other side" was saying. At first I saw Fox just out there presenting a conservative viewpoint. But now all Fox news does is act as a mouth piece for whatever are the most radical far right views which don't even represent all Republicans.

I don't understand why mainstream Republicans tollerate this stuff.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby TrudyU » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:01 pm

TrudyU

Postby Sandy » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:14 pm

Sandy

Postby KeithE » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:01 am

In the heat of elections, people in both parties lie.

A fair reading of says Republicans lie more. You can click on a name and get a summary on their controversial statements.
e.g or

Time for truthful politicians; most likely in third parties or independent, imo.

You can check your favorite politico e.g Not that this is a complete view of their truthfulness- just their “challenged" statements.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:25 am

She said she made no such statement.

Tape surfaces of her making such statement.

Pantsuit on fire.

Sandy?
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:35 am

Dang. It's gotten mighty quiet around here. How come?
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:01 am

It would be a shock William, but maybe people are tired of the political wrangling?
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:32 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:42 am

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:13 am

Obama's crowd thunk up the sequester. If you ever tire of Democratic talking points save a little blame for him.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:46 am

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:08 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:19 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:44 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:19 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:22 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues