[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Obama, God's will?

Obama, God's will?

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Obama, God's will?

Postby James » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:07 pm

One of the talking heads suggested last night that the republicans will be looking for someone to blame for the disaster at the polls. Another said that huricane Sandy disrupted Romney's momentum at a critical time and forced Obama to be presidential. This event according to the speaker, threw the election Obama's way.

Now Christian's of a certain persuation, believe that nothing happens that is not God's will. Did not one of the failed senate candidates call a pregnancy generated by rape a gift from God? By that kind of reason, Sandy was God's will so the resulting last minute swing to the dems must also be God's will.

And way off somewhere or perhaps living within each of us, once God quits crying over the stupidity of human kind, He or She will laugh, with relief, that we survived another election.

Smile brothers and sisters in Christ. Our phones now belong to us once again until the next election.
James North
CBF, Virginia
Born again by God's free grace
James

Re: Obama, God's will?

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:27 pm

I saw a comments on William's Blog that anyone who is elected President is there because it is God's will. I don't believe in pre-determinism nor to the majority of Christians in the world. It is a silly construct of Hyper-Calvinism that even most Calvinists can't support.

So not having received a word from the Lord I can't say if our elections conform to God's will or not or if God even is concerned about whom we are electing or not. God hasn't spoken on the subject.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:32 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:31 am

Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Postby William Thornton » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:00 pm

...except for those with Obamaphones, since what the gummit gives it may certainly take away.

But I know your meaning here. In GA not a single robocall came into my household.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby James » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:31 pm

My favorite alternative to the "Sandy" theory for Republican lose is the Fox News theory.

It goes like this. Fox news "analysts" so convinced themselves by "magical thinking" that Romney was going to win in a romp that their loyal listeners saw little reason to get out and vote.

Another factor and candidate for explaining the loss is that old white men are badly outnumbered in this nation at this time.

Another excuse is that the Dems cheated. How they did this in the most closely watched election in the history of the planet is yet to be determined.

Another "reason" alluded to by evangelicals is that we are in the beginning of the escaton and that God has unleashed the beast.

Or one could try the "evangelicals" have sold their souls for a mess of porridge by supporting a cultist for President.

Or one could say that the right has gone from reasoned conservatism to unreasonalble radicalism.

Or one could simply say that the Republican party is simply becoming irrelivant by its own choice in an act of collective suicide.

All of the above is a summary of what I have read here or in the links provided by other posters on this board.
James North
CBF, Virginia
Born again by God's free grace
James

Postby Chris » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:09 pm

Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Postby Tom Parker » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:34 pm

I think for some it would have been God's will had Romney won but surely it is not God's will since President Obama won.

I am confused about this. :brick:
Tom Parker

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:09 am

Ed: William said "In GA not a single robocall came into my household." So you have caller ID, right? Or they don't have your cell Phone number.

BTW, I did get a new cell phone Tuesday. An LG840 with triple min for life. So far I can make and receive calls, Take pictures and create personal phone book. There is a lot of other fun stuff to play with. I really like not having to dial the number of folk in my phone book.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Tim Bonney » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:00 pm

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues