[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - A welcome recorded campaign call

A welcome recorded campaign call

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

A welcome recorded campaign call

Postby Haruo » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:35 pm

The phone rang a few minutes ago, I could tell by the ring that it was probably a robocall or sales pitch of some sort, and when I answered, sure enough, the young lady (if it's appropriate to use such a term of a machine) said, "Please hold for an important personal message from President Obama." Then he came on the line, and proceeded to give a solid pitch for Referendum 74, Washington's Same-Sex Marriage ballot measure. It was a solidly morally grounded argument appealing to parents and those who want better government to vote to approve same-sex marriage. Invoked, appropriately I think, the Golden Rule. I was actually quite favorably impressed. It didn't sway me—regardless of who I vote for for President next Tuesday, I'm sure I will vote for 74—but it did impress me. First robocall I've got this season that has had that effect on me, and I've heard plenty of them from all parts of the political landscape, including other faith-based pro-Ref-74 calls that didn't do anything for me.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues