[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Colin Powell Endorses Obama

Colin Powell Endorses Obama

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Colin Powell Endorses Obama

Postby KeithE » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:14 pm

Actually it not so much an endorsement of Obama as it is the questionable economic and foreign policies of Romney. Especially troublesome is lack of consistency in foreign policy.

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: Colin Powell Endorses Obama

Postby Haruo » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:11 pm

Talk about slandering every white person who's ever been proud of a white candidate. (Sununu, I mean, not Colin Powell.) If it was a race between Sununu and Romney, I might have to vote for Romney. Although I doubt he'll see his way clear to fire Sununu over this, or even reprimand him much in public.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:14 pm

That's a pretty racist assertion on the part of the Romney campaign. It looked to me like Powell had issues with Romney's foreign policy. You know the foreign policy that changes every 5 minutes like all Romney's other policies.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:02 am

It's not so much a racist assertion (though it is that of course) as it is a thinly veiled invitation to racially prejudiced white folks to vote for Romney because of his race. And a simultaneous slap in the face to General Powell, of course.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:25 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Tom Parker » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:37 am

After the elections are over the Democratic Party will need to thank all these Republican such as Akin, Sunuunu and others for helping them get elected with all of the outrageous things they said that fired people up to vote against the Republicans.
Tom Parker

Postby Sandy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:00 pm

Sandy

Postby Haruo » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:07 pm

Yes, I gather one of them said that while rape is not good per se, if pregnancy results from it that is God's will. Or words to that effect. I suppose he meant "legitimate" rape is not good per se...

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:34 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:20 pm

The endorsement was predictable and a late, rather tepid effort to boost the president's sagging campaign.

Sununu is a sideshow and, like the endorsement, is if little importance at this stage.

Powell's endorsement helped to legitimize Obama's candicacy in 2008. Now the prez has a record.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:39 pm

Although Colin Powell's endorsement of Obama may have been predictable....who saw the Salt Lake Tribune (the Utah newspaper, endorsing Obama.?!?

"Who is this guy, really, and what in the world does he truly believe?"

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/opinion/55 ... t.html.csp

I can't understand why this election hasn't been decided already. Yet, it is still close.
Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Postby Tom Parker » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:53 pm

I still want to understand how many Southern Baptists will consciously vote for Mitt Romney when for years we were told told as good little Southern Baptists that Mormonism was a cult.

Has the theology of the Southern Baptists changed?

Are pastors of the Southern Baptist churches going to apologize for preaching sermons to us telling us that Mormonism was a cult?

As I read somewhere today if the Republican presidential candidate was gay would Southern Baptists vote for him? :?
Tom Parker

Postby Chris » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:56 pm

Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Postby Haruo » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:08 am

You have to add "openly". Gay Mormons are a special breed, and rather hard for me to fathom.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:24 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:09 pm

Sandy

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:43 pm

Which Mitt is the real Mitt????
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:14 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:37 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby William Thornton » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:46 pm

The Obama campaign strategy, try to negatively define Romney, is not particularly brilliant nor terribly effective. It is predictable because Obama has his own record, nothing that excites his supporters nor those still undecided and because he has little in the way of any plan for the next four years.

Quickly, without googling, what is Obama's plan for the next four years?
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:55 pm

I heard a fascinating interview on NPR with a Stanford economist (can't remember his name). He said that Romney's 12-million-job pledges doesn't assume anything more that the housing market will begin to pick up a little. In fact, he said it will probably happen regardless of who is elected. Most interesting.....
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Tom Parker » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:32 pm

Tom Parker

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:06 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:10 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Tom Parker » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:10 pm

Tim:

I would love for anyone to be able to show anything that Romney has not changed his position on.
Tom Parker

Next

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues