[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Ugly Incidents, Ugly Politics

Ugly Incidents, Ugly Politics

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: Ugly Incidents, Ugly Politics

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:13 pm

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:54 pm

by Middle Eastern expert.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:14 am

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:35 am

Yep, this is officially the ihateromney forum. Sorry to see it.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:41 am

Last edited by Ed Pettibone on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:48 am

My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:53 am

One more thing in the name of fairness, ya can't really be too critical of THIS forum. The OTHER forum where you spend a great deal of your time is by far filled with nuts, flakes, insane persons, right-wing wackos and all sorts of other "pastors" (does it not frighten you that some of those fellas are actual pastors????) who would be well served to have a prescription for Paxil or Wellbutryn or something. You're like the resident liberal and resident normal person there. :lol: :lol:
My book:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Postby Sandy » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:18 am

Labelling this the "ihateromney" forum by a Romney supporter is just confirmation of the truthfulness of everything that is being said about him here. It is a concession.
Sandy

Postby Tim Bonney » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:40 am

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:45 am

What other forum?

And let's see, Romney was 12 hours early...he is the story in this?

But I take it back this is merely the wealth-redistributionist, soak the evil rich, Democratic forum.

Timothy, you are my favorite UMCer even if you did happily quote Karl Marx I support of your economic views.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Challenge to Thornton and by Default David Miller

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:56 am

www.freshair.npr.org Weds show on Obama's Way. Listen online, great use of your time and then click on the article and read it. If nothing else you'll like his 4 for five basketball story, from the author who wrote Moneyball.

I called the editor of the Alabama Baptist yesterday morning on this one, inviting him to denounce in particular Sean Hannity's conversation with Anne Coulter Weds night. It was pure demagoguery. Eisenhower took Joe McCarthy to the woodshed and it is high time for Same with Fox News. Maybe Dave Miller and Thornton will begin the move to bring Al Mohler up to bat to condemn Fox News Demagoguery on this matter.
As for this being The Hate Romney forum, not so. As a blogger who has come to the attention of Forbes Magazine, maybe Thornton will read the religiondispatches piece I have spotlighted at this site.
More for Dave Miller at SBC Trends as we get closer to election day.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby Tim Bonney » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:03 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:17 pm

Oh, and by the way William, I don't mind being your favorite Methodist. :wink: But that has little to do with my political views. Remember GW Bush is a Methodist and so is Mrs. Clinton. We have a big tent.

(Edit: By the way, a "big tent" used to be something Southern Baptists had.)
Last edited by Tim Bonney on Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:44 pm

SBC Voices but you knew that.
My book:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Postby Sandy » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:45 pm

Sandy

Postby Tim Bonney » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:37 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:31 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Will SBC leadership exploit this mess

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:42 pm

Its rare the inerrantist SBC whose leadership has in time past had much in common with the has been part of the solution with these matters.

As for Thornton's point above, it woefully calls out for a careful reading of Jeff Faux's The Servant Economy. Otherwise not much more informed than same oh same oh that is predictable now that are numbers are waning here at Bl.com.

And who will hold David Miller to account through these trying days. How has his wisdom evolved over the last four years if at all.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/13/world ... l?src=recg

Stephen Fox

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:03 pm

Ed Pettibone

Bushes are Pro choice

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:39 pm

Far as I can figure the whole family is except 41 AND 43.

And W whatever his faults continues to hold great affection for the Black Episcopal pastor who performed the wedding for his daughter even after he told the President he was voting for Obama in 08.

Hillary is one of the Best Products of Chicago Methodism in the 20th Century. And as a reminder to William Thornton and the apologists in his camp; there are four Christian Martyrs with busts in the National Cathedral.

Eleanor Roosevelt.
Rosa Parks.
Oscar Romero
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Stephen Fox

Postby Sandy » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:56 am

Sandy

Postby KeithE » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:07 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:36 am

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:57 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:03 pm

Sandy

PreviousNext