[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Any knuckle-draggers here going to vote Republican?

Any knuckle-draggers here going to vote Republican?

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Any knuckle-draggers here going to vote Republican?

Postby William Thornton » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:26 pm

Besides me, I mean. I'm just not feeling much love here for the Grand Old Party. Four more years of Obama...?
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Re: Any knuckle-daggers here going to vote Republican?

Postby Haruo » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:14 pm

Must be a missing "r". Taking your knuckles to a knife fight can hurt.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:49 pm

And vote for the worsening of our economy through the loss of government jobs and further stress on state budgets.

Obama is big disappointment as well- he’s like Bush III in actual action.

Of course you wouldn’t expect me to vote Repub.

voterocky.org and at least you will have some self-respect.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:29 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:31 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:15 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: Any knuckle-draggers here going to vote Republican?

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:36 am

Frankly, I wish there were better choices. I know about Obama and don't like some of his stances. I just don't trust Romney between his Mormonism that he won't discuss and his finances about which he won't be open. It's really a tough choice.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:55 am

The "know me" stuff on Obama is far more of a concern than any "trust me" stuff on Romney.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Hal Eaton » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:46 am

Question: After last night's series of promises about "Who's gonna do whut" if they are elected, I'd like to know: If the presidential (and vice-presidential) aspirants are so cocksure about the value of their plans, why didn't they offer such advice, congressional bills, and bi-partisan support to the present administration, which, if they are right, would obviously have tremendously shortened the rigors of a poor economy?

Instead, their program has been limited to all-out criticism and attacks on every phase of the current administration's efforts to relieve the strain. Relying on revisionist versions of past endeavors to alleviate the economic problems, they have relied on contrary and perfidious accounts of such matters. It is manifest that their appeal is to the lowest common denominator of the voting public, most of whom will never check the viability of their claims.

So what's new?
It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry. -- Thomas Paine
Hal Eaton

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:03 pm

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:30 pm

That's a fascinating quote from Graham, but I'd like to know when and where he said it and see the context. All the quotes I can find by Google are just that line, unsourced (or attributing it to a Washington Post page where Graham isn't mentioned). I would like to see the context. I won't feel secure that he said that, or meant that, until I see the source. And I won't cite the quotation without elaborate caveats, for fear of participating in disinformation.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:35 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:38 pm

Here is a link to the post article. http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ ... print.html
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:49 pm

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:12 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

I've polled my family

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:54 pm

Of the progeny of my Grandfather Fox who can read, I figger its 18 Romney; Five Obama. Three of the Five Obama are CBF and the rest are Chick Fil A.

On my Mother's side it's about 7-4 Romney, We pick up one Obama on that side; my first cousin's daughter Dixie Lee Bearden Ford, a Mcaffee grad. She was featured in the July Bama Edition of Baps Today.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:32 pm

Ed: Tim, when you write "I certainly hope you'd not support a church calling a pastor who refuses to give important information to the search committee or that you'd expect they'd just take the candidates word and call him to the church without the information requested."

I need to ask; How many search committees have ever asked for your tax returns? And may I remind you that Romney has complied with the law on this question. Now can you tell me why he should go further?

And to Dave Roberts, I will ask what does Romey's "Mormonism that he won't discuss" have to do with his qualifications to be President?

Having asked that I will say I am concerned about the many comments I have heard from several sides that claim "Mormonism is just another Christian denomination". But that is the fault of many Christians of many types including Baptists, not Mitt's.

This link is a bit dated but I believe it is informative http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2 ... mass_x.htm
Ed Pettibone

Postby William Thornton » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:53 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:43 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:51 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:29 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby ET » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:33 pm

I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby KeithE » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:45 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:40 pm

Ed Pettibone

Next

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues