[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Fact Checkers

Fact Checkers

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Fact Checkers

Postby KeithE » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:39 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: Fact Checkers

Postby Dave Roberts » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:56 pm

Thanks for an excellent list.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:58 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:17 pm

Fox News did not call Ryan's speech deceitful. Sally Kohn did. She says, "Fox News asked me to write the liberal response to Paul Ryan’s GOP convention speech last night. So I did. I described it in three words: Dazzling, Deceiving and Distracting."

I happen to agree with most of her critique of Ryan's speech, but it is deceitful to say, as did, «His speech was riddled with false claims, so much so that even Fox News wrote, “To anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to facts, Ryan’s speech was an apparent attempt to set the world record for the greatest number of blatant lies and misrepresentations slipped into a single political speech.”»

This is my big gripe at the moment. I don't like incivility, even when directed towards people I don't like. I don't like disinformation, even when employed in the service of positions I agree with.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:20 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Neil Heath » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:39 pm

Thanks for the corrective on the Fox staffer's post. I had seen it quoted and passed it along without knowing the whole story. I also saw video of Gov. Jan Brewer say she hoped the president was re-elected. Bet there's a story there, too.

I saw an article on FB just now saying that there's a massive revolt on Twitter and elsewhere against fact checkers, all of whom are left-leaning and completely in the service of the present administration. Another case of shooting the messenger when you don't like the message, IMHO. One poster suggested she could Google her own facts, as if they would change based on the politics of the searcher. But since a Romney staffer suggested they don't let facts stand in the way of their message, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:17 pm

From Christian history we can note that people who tell the truth tend to get crucified. There is nothing knew under the sun!
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues