[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Ayn Rand vs Jesus

Ayn Rand vs Jesus

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Ayn Rand vs Jesus

Postby KeithE » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:50 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: Ayn Rand vs Jesus

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:01 pm

I"m a Graduate Fellow with the American Values Network. AVN produced on Rand some months ago.
My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Rand is a distraction

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:16 pm

Jeff Faux's The Servant Economy should be at the center of the conversation going forward.

Listen online, Read the book and other reviews.

http://thedianerehmshow.org/shows/2012- ... omy?page=1
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby Sandy » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:47 pm

Sandy

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:11 am

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:36 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:38 am

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:25 pm

Rand and my fellow evangelicals, some SBCers, has always been an odd marriage. My article of a year ago on Richard Land and Ayn Rand: .
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:59 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:06 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:06 pm

And one disinclined to bow the knee before Nicaea might note that much of what passes for orthodoxy in Christianity can easily be reenvisioned as an attempt to wed the Judaism of Jesus and the scrolls to the thinking of convicted (and suicidally executed) atheist Socrates and his pagan disciples Plato and Aristotle. Persons vs. substances and whatnot.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:16 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby ET » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:03 pm

I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby KeithE » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:55 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:00 pm

KeithE writes in part "Obama’s 2013 budget is at least openly available before the election (but I’m not impressed with that budget either- no defense cuts, few new jobs programs for starters)."

Ed, I would suggest Keith, that the number of job programs is is less important than the quality of such programs. As I have said many time, based on 20 years of working in "jobs programs" I am persuaded that for the most part elected officials care only about how many votes such programs will buy them. A major reason that I retired was, that I became weary of "new programs" that where in reality only warm overs of old programs with new sponsors names on the title page.

What is needed is JOBS not new programs.
Ed Pettibone

Postby ET » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:05 pm

I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby KeithE » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:22 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues