[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Dems the party of evil

Dems the party of evil

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Dems the party of evil

Postby Matto » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:07 am

The democrats endorse homosexual marriage, no Christian can vote for them, no matter what their other policies are.

I think it would be a sin to vote Democrat at this stage. They no longer represent Gods Natural or Christian values.

It would be like voting for Stalin because he had a great social security program.

Children have the right to a natural mother and father, especially as children raised by gays suffer very badly for it. And no it's not because of external bigotry, but because gays can not replace what a Mother and Father bring to child raising.
Matto

Re: Dems the party of evil

Postby Neil Heath » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:20 pm

Matto, you are welcome to express your opinion in a civil and courteous manner, but this is not it. To question the faith of any Christian who votes Democratic on the basis of a single issue is an insult to people of deep faith and long-time commitment to Christ who happen to disagree with you or choose to vote for Democratic candidates because of their stands on other issues.

There are plenty of Christians who have a problem with things the Republicans stand for on social issues, but I don't hear them questioning whether Republicans are Christians because they feel that the Republican position is the opposite of what Jesus would want.

As a moderator, I fully support removal of this post if you don't take it down or edit it. You can do a lot better.

Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Matto » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:30 pm

What would you like to censor from from my post Neil ?

I can't in conscience remove my opinion here, because I believe it to be the truth. I don't believe in self censorship when when someone speaks what he believes.

The normal way to deal with an opinion that some consider wrong is to give an opposing opinion, not remove someones right to their opinion altogether.

If you would remove what ever you thought was wrong in the post I don't mind. But I can't censor other peoples opinions, let alone my own.
I believe peoples right to their opinions is a sacred right, so long as they don't call responders names or something.

I know that I didn't call someone unchristian, or call someone names, so I'm at a loss to see what was wrong with the post.
If my opinion must face the firing squad at least give it a blindfold and cigarette.

No worries thanks Neil.
Matto

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:07 pm

It does get pretty tiresome for Matto to say that people like me aren't Christians and then turn right around and deny it. Or to declare that I'm evil because of my party affiliation.

Both our President and Vice President are professing Christians and Democrats. Neither party is perfect. But having the party declared to be evil strikes me bearing false witness.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Matto » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:15 am

Matto

Postby Haruo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:47 am

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Matto » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:06 am

Well at least the republican party doesn't have policies that are evil.

But are you saying Timothy that Democratic party polices can never be called evil or if people are convinced they are. That the Democratic party policies are all beyond reproach.

So a party with evil policies can never have their policies criticized or be declared evil, because someone might be offended.
What a totalitarian world it would be, if people couldn't share their opinion on what they thought was evil.

The communist and Nazi parties were declared evil by millions, because their policies were evil.
I'm not saying that the Democratic party are Communists or Nazis, but I believe all parties should be allowed to be subject to freely expressed opinions, not have peoples opinions of them shut down because someone might be offended.
What if the Nazis policy was beyond criticism, and no one could express the opinion that it was evil. That ultimately happened. The ministry of propaganda censored peoples free opinion declaring Nazis policy was evil, that was pretty unhealthy to democracy in the end.

If the republican party had evil policies I would say the same thing.

Shutting down peoples opinion on political parties, because other people disagree with them, is telling people that they can't believe or express their opinion. Declaring that the Democratic party is beyond critical opinion, because someone might be offended is not freedom of speech, it is tyranny of one opinion over other opinions.

Yes you can freely express your opinion, just so long your opinion isn't that the Democratic party has evil policies, because someone might feel offended by that idea.
You may not have called someone evil or unchristian, but your opinion that the Democratic party has evil policies can never be expressed, and is a forbidden opinion, and needs censorship.

I might find someones position offensive, but if they haven't offended me personally, I think they should be allowed to express that position.
I don't say ' I find your position on the republican party offensive, so therefore you can not say anything against the republican party '. That would be inflicting tyranny over others opinions.
Matto

Postby Matto » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:37 am

Matto

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:23 am

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Hal Eaton » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:56 am

Matto seems to live in a black-and-white world, and places himself in the white portion thereof.

So anybody who disagrees with him is in the dark. He has condemned Protestantism simply because it is not pro-Roman Catholic; he condemns Democrats (as non-Christian) because its policies are evil, in his view.

Matto suggests: "If my opinion must face the firing squad at least give it a blindfold and cigarette."

The blindfold is already in place, self-imposed; which brand of cigarette do you prefer?

If my demeaning your words is unacceptable or distasteful, it still does not attain the rank of wholesale condemnation.

Ain't this fun?
It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry. -- Thomas Paine
Hal Eaton

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:02 am

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:54 am

Perhaps Matto, you could refrain from expressing certain opinions here?

Maybe that would be the appropriate thing to do?

I do work for a Democratic consulting firm. Your comments are offensive and amateurish.
My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues