[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Watch Out For Selective Editing and Fox News

Watch Out For Selective Editing and Fox News

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Watch Out For Selective Editing and Fox News

Postby KeithE » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:15 am

Obama was just making the very obvious point that all businesses are not solely made by individual efforts. Community and government infrastructure helped along the way and businesses are continually sustained by community and government (with schooled employees, roads, Internet, subsidies, SBA loans, police protection, and the American economic system).

Recommended reading on this thought:

What does Fox News do? Creates this Headline: . Fox News could have mentioned the by the Obama administration for small businesses (most solely for small businesses). But they didn’t.

Face it Fox News is a propaganda machine not a news organization.

Recommended reading on Fox News:
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: Watch Out For Selective Editing and Fox News

Postby Haruo » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:30 am

I listened to it and didn't hear any "insult to small business owners". I'd like to have heard the next minute, so the closing comment (which Fox obviously picked on to carry their slant) would have a little more context. Is a longer clip out there where I can watch it?
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Matto » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:46 pm

Matto

Postby Matto » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:31 pm

Matto

Postby ET » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:53 pm

I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby ET » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:56 pm

ET

Postby KeithE » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Matto » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:56 pm

Last edited by Matto on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matto

Postby Matto » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:35 am

Matto

Postby Matto » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:12 am

I tried to create a crisp company, selling unique type of crisp, but the monopolies threaten the major distributors and prevent your brand from even seeing the big market.
First they try to buy you out, and if you don't they throw every dirty trick at you. They have huge wealth and influence with state and federal governments and industry regulators.
I have seen regulators first hand totally act in favor the majors, in fact the only regulation they seem to do is regulate competition away from the major monopolies.
Matto

Postby KeithE » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:25 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby ET » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:49 am

ET

Re: American business history

Postby ET » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:51 am

ET

Postby MJ Willett » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:01 am

MJ Willett

Re: Sowell nails it....

Postby ET » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:10 pm

ET

Postby KeithE » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:04 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:42 am

There's a mighty fine line between what some (say, Matto or Sowell) call "collectivism" and what they call "cooperativism" (and "distributism"), and part at least of what others (say, KeithE) call "collectivism" is on the angelic ("cooperative") side of that line. The line is fine and its exact location depends on one's perspective and one's biases.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby ET » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:37 pm

ET

Postby ET » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:52 pm

ET

Postby Matto » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:16 pm

Matto

Postby Matto » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Matto

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:53 am

Ed: Matto looking at the shelves of three local supermarkets, and a couple big box department stores and the adds for a few chain "Drug stores" plus a few discount stores it seems Coca- Colas influence peddling has not eliminated competition in soft drinks. And yes I know Coke owns more than one label, but as we have moved around I have found several more localized bottlers turning out their own product.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:50 pm

Of course, it might be different in Australia.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby ET » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:12 am

ET

Postby Matto » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:13 pm

Matto

Next

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues