More Sleaze in Trump Orbit

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

More Sleaze in Trump Orbit

Postby KeithE » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:03 pm

Having a rare day when I have some time for Baptist Life.

In addition to the admissions on the Hollywood Access tape, Trump’s visiting dressing rooms at Miss Teen contests, 24 accusations of sexual misconduct over many years, and the Epstein* sleaze we are hearing about now, we have this (this week):

Miami-area strip club hosting charity golf tournament at Trump course. Read it all.

Sure Trump did not create this “tournament” but his organization has defended it.
The Trump Organization told the Post in a statement that the event is for a "worthwhile cause,"

Those causes are:
a basketball-themed charity called Miami All Stars. The charity serves nearly 40 youths in Miami

and a strip club
The Shadow Cabaret
where nudity is expected after the golfing.

=====================

* Trump’s connections with Epstein are many: Everything we know about Trump's connection to financier Jeffrey Epstein. Read it all; it is long; from late 1990’s and continues apparently up to 2016 with this possibility:
Trump was once accused of raping a 13-year-old girl at Epstein's Manhattan residence, but the case was dismissed
A suit alleging that Trump knowingly raped a 13-year-old in Epstein's Manhattan residence was filed in 2016, but was then voluntarily dismissed by the anonymous Jane Doe accuser.

It also showed Epstein 2015 phone book with 24 phone numbers for Donald Trump.

These two were friends and into the same sleazy lifestyle

======================

Trump has probably been better (as far as sexual matters) since running for Prez, but I have seen no public admission with any remorse.

Baptists of all people should be greatly troubled by Trump until at least some repentance is evident (and for many other reasons as well - lies, exaggeratons, tactless words, lack of transparency, cruelty, arrogance, narcissism, our standing in the world, lack of attention to detail, laziness/“executive time”, bad vetting of personnel, need I go on....).

And yes, William, I hate that Trump is the POTUS.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: More Sleaze in Trump Orbit

Postby KeithE » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:14 pm

Apparently after the “worthwhile cause” (the Miami All Stars) backed out after the type of "golf tournament” became public, the Trump organization has canceled the event. This was announced on the Racal Maddow Show tonight.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:34 am

Apparently, even if all the accusations are true, it doesn't matter to his evangelical supporters. The published photo of Jerry Falwell, Jr., and his wife in front of Trump's Playboy cover pretty well said it all. Immorality no longer matters as long as you are opposed to abortion and against gay marriage.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:53 am

...and, apparently, it doesn't matter to Dems if babies are born and set aside to die, their mother's choice.

Many thanks to Dave for the brain-dead, simplistic view of voting patterns. I may or may not vote for Trump in 2020. I will not vote for any of the Dem candidates.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog, SBC Plodder
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:44 pm

William Thornton wrote:...and, apparently, it doesn't matter to Dems if babies are born and set aside to die, their mother's choice.

I know of no Dems who want newly born babies to die.

William Thornton wrote:Many thanks to Dave for the brain-dead, simplistic view of voting patterns. I may or may not vote for Trump in 2020. I will not vote for any of the Dem candidates.

Absolutely incredible that you, a retired Christian minister, would even think of voting for Trump. Trump wants migrant babies to be set aside in dangerous places for weeks to discourage asylum seeker families.

But such is the day.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:31 am

KeithE wrote:
William Thornton wrote:...and, apparently, it doesn't matter to Dems if babies are born and set aside to die, their mother's choice.

I know of no Dems who want newly born babies to die.

Yeah, I've seen that assertion bandied about a bit recently but haven't managed to figure out the source. My guess is some Foxy person twisted some phrase from AOC or somebody wildly out of context.
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
Haruo
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:42 am

Received this in the change of a purchase I made today. Most all Trump-haters love to express themselves with cheap slams like this on the President.

William wrote:Many thanks to Dave for the brain-dead, simplistic view of voting patterns. I may or may not vote for Trump in 2020. I will not vote for any of the Dem candidates.
      KeithE wrote:Absolutely incredible that you, a retired Christian minister, would even think of voting for Trump. Trump wants migrant babies to be set aside in dangerous places for weeks to discourage asylum seeker families.

But such is the day.
        Yep, such is the day...
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:45 am

David Flick wrote:.
    Received this in the change of a purchase I made today. Most all Trump-haters love to express themselves with cheap slams like this on the President.

William wrote:Many thanks to Dave for the brain-dead, simplistic view of voting patterns. I may or may not vote for Trump in 2020. I will not vote for any of the Dem candidates.
      KeithE wrote:Absolutely incredible that you, a retired Christian minister, would even think of voting for Trump. Trump wants migrant babies to be set aside in dangerous places for weeks to discourage asylum seeker families.

But such is the day.
        Yep, such is the day...

Both Clintons are now history but we are left with a corrupt, immoral President. Bill C had his sexual escapades that is for sure. But there is so many slamable characteristics / facts about Trump - not just sexual in nature. Do you acknowledge that? or are you blind to that?

MSNBC has frequently mentioned Clinton partying with Epstein. But thanks to Fox News and David for detailing fight manifests about Clinton flights on Epstein's plane. That's DATA that looks bonafide!
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:21 am

Many thanks to Dave for the brain-dead, simplistic view of voting patterns. I may or may not vote for Trump in 2020. I will not vote for any of the Dem candidates.

I guess I'm judging others by Jack Graham, Jerry Jr., and Robert Jeffress. Never noticed that you disowned any of them.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Joseph Patrick » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:49 pm

From Gerry Milligan...William, I must compliment your consistency at beating dead horses. Aside from the misinformation spewed out by those paragons of veracity, (Hannity, Carlson and Limbaugh) Do you have any statistics for your claim above? If so, inquisitive minds would like to know. While I am no fan of abortion on demand, what do you think of this statistic? "During 2012, 92% of abortions were performed before 14 weeks' gestation, 6% between 14–20 weeks, and 2% (n=96) at a later stage. Of the 96 abortions carried out beyond 20 weeks, 53 were due to actual or probable fetal abnormality."
Joseph Patrick

Postby Joseph Patrick » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:18 pm

From Gerry Milligan...For you Trump-Lovers out there, how do you explain "I am choosing only the best people to serve in my administration." And, "Birds of a feather flock together."
Joseph Patrick

Postby David Flick » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:45 pm

Joseph Patrick wrote:From Gerry Milligan...For you Trump-Lovers out there, how do you explain "I am choosing only the best people to serve in my administration." And, "Birds of a feather flock together."

if "birds of a feather flock together," how do you account for all the corrupt "birds" who flocked with Clinton and the leadership at the top of the Democrat Party?
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Joseph Patrick » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:14 pm

David Flick wrote:
Joseph Patrick wrote:From Gerry Milligan...For you Trump-Lovers out there, how do you explain "I am choosing only the best people to serve in my administration." And, "Birds of a feather flock together."

if "birds of a feather flock together," how do you account for all the corrupt "birds" who flocked with Clinton and the leadership at the top of the Democrat Party?

From Gerry Milligan...David, is this an ancient history quiz? We all know that Bill Clinton's morals were not the best...but I was referring to our draft-dodging president.
Joseph Patrick

Postby Joseph Patrick » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:02 pm

Joseph Patrick wrote:
David Flick wrote:

From Gerry Milligan...David, is this an ancient history quiz? We all know that Bill Clinton's morals were not the best...but I was referring to our draft-dodging president.

From Gerry Milligan...David, the many Trump lovers rail against Bill Clinton and his morals...Why do Trump-Lovers support a man with morals worse than Bill Clinton's?
Joseph Patrick

Postby David Flick » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:10 pm

Joseph Patrick wrote:From Gerry Milligan...(1)David, is this an ancient history quiz? (2)We all know that Bill Clinton's morals were not the best...but I was referring to our draft-dodging president.
    From Gerry Milligan...(3)David, the many Trump lovers rail against Bill Clinton and his morals... Why do Trump-Lovers support a man with morals worse than Bill Clinton's?

1. Actually, Gerry, it isn't an ancient history quiz. Not at all. It's very much the narrative of current news. Have you not been paying attention to the news lately?

2. Yes, we all know Clinton's morals were not the best. That's common knowledge. Are you suggesting Trump's draft-dodging history is worse than Clinton's (documented) sexual misconducts with Paula Jones, Juanita Broderick, Kathleen Willey, Monica Lewinski, et.al ?

3. True, many Trump supporters do rail against Clinton's misconducts and misdeeds. I acknowledge that. May I ask you a question in response to yours? Why do Trump-haters believe that Trump's morals are worse that Clinton's? That's a mystery to me...

David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Joseph Patrick » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:47 am

David Flick wrote:

Joseph Patrick wrote:From Gerry Milligan...(1)David, is this an ancient history quiz? (2)We all know that Bill Clinton's morals were not the best...but I was referring to our draft-dodging president.
    From Gerry Milligan...(3)David, the many Trump lovers rail against Bill Clinton and his morals... Why do Trump-Lovers support a man with morals worse than Bill Clinton's?

1. Actually, Gerry, it isn't an ancient history quiz. Not at all. It's very much the narrative of current news. Have you not been paying attention to the news lately?

2. Yes, we all know Clinton's morals were not the best. That's common knowledge. Are you suggesting Trump's draft-dodging history is worse than Clinton's (documented) sexual misconducts with Paula Jones, Juanita Broderick, Kathleen Willey, Monica Lewinski, et.al ?

3. True, many Trump supporters do rail against Clinton's misconducts and misdeeds. I acknowledge that. May I ask you a question in response to yours? Why do Trump-haters believe that Trump's morals are worse that Clinton's? That's a mystery to me...

From Gerry Milligan...Really David? Thrice married and divorced his first wife after a documented affair with the woman who became wife two...Entering the dressing rooms of beauty contestants...Had two documented affairs while his third wife was pregnant with Baron...19 women claim he molested/assaulted them...The Access Hollywood "hot Mike" for a self-revelation...well over 9000 misstatements/lies...there is more...His selections for his administration who have been convicted. I'm sure there are more...but it is almost 11:00 PM and I am tired. Lets keep this up tomorrow.
Joseph Patrick

Postby David Flick » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:45 am

Joseph Patrick wrote:From Gerry Milligan...Really David? Thrice married and divorced his first wife after a documented affair with the woman who became wife two...Entering the dressing rooms of beauty contestants...Had two documented affairs while his third wife was pregnant with Baron...19 women claim he molested/assaulted them...The Access Hollywood "hot Mike" for a self-revelation...well over 9000 misstatements/lies...there is more...His selections for his administration who have been convicted. I'm sure there are more...but it is almost 11:00 PM and I am tired. Lets keep this up tomorrow.

Sorry, Gerry, I'm not interested in an escalating contest to see which of us can throw out the most junk to prove whether Trump or Clinton has the worst morals. I'm content to sit back with my microwave popcorn and watch Democrats make fools of themselves as they try to make Mueller testify before Adam "Pencil Neck" Schiff and Jerrold "Chicken-eatin" Nadler's investigative committee. I'm going to enjoy the silly catfight between Nancy "Detached-from-reality" Pelosi and Alexandria "Green Crazy Deal" Ocasio-Cortez. I relish watching the circular firing squad of the twenty-some-odd Democrat presidential candidates kill each other off while trying to out-left & out-liberal one another. Thanks but no thanks on keeping this who-has-the-worst-morals debate going. I have plenty enough entertainment waiting for me. I don't think I'm going to be disappointed. ;-)
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Joseph Patrick » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:02 pm

David Flick wrote:.

Joseph Patrick wrote:From Gerry Milligan...Really David? Thrice married and divorced his first wife after a documented affair with the woman who became wife two...Entering the dressing rooms of beauty contestants...Had two documented affairs while his third wife was pregnant with Baron...19 women claim he molested/assaulted them...The Access Hollywood "hot Mike" for a self-revelation...well over 9000 misstatements/lies...there is more...His selections for his administration who have been convicted. I'm sure there are more...but it is almost 11:00 PM and I am tired. Lets keep this up tomorrow.

Sorry, Gerry, I'm not interested in an escalating contest to see which of us can throw out the most junk to prove whether Trump or Clinton has the worst morals. I'm content to sit back with my microwave popcorn and watch Democrats make fools of themselves as they try to make Mueller testify before Adam "Pencil Neck" Schiff and Jerrold "Chicken-eatin" Nadler's investigative committee. I'm going to enjoy the silly catfight between Nancy "Detached-from-reality" Pelosi and Alexandria "Green Crazy Deal" Ocasio-Cortez. I relish watching the circular firing squad of the twenty-some-odd Democrat presidential candidates kill each other off while trying to out-left & out-liberal one another. Thanks but no thanks on keeping this who-has-the-worst-morals debate going. I have plenty enough entertainment waiting for me. I don't think I'm going to be disappointed. ;-)

From Gerry Milligan...David, I was only trying to answer your question...I, too would probably enjoy the circus clown-car show called our government in action, but I realized that this is our Congress which chooses to try to our maneuver the other side, all the while we reap the bitter fruits that they sew. One thing that has stuck with me from my days in Romania, "Politicians can teach new tricks to the devil."
Joseph Patrick

Postby Sandy » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:25 am

The exaggerations get wilder and wilder. I don't know of a single Democrat who wants babies "to be born and set aside to die as their mother's choice." Not one. But I do know of Republicans who would rather allow a semi-automatic weapon to mow down 26 first graders in a school rather than change laws to regulate their ownership.
Sandy
Sandy

Postby Rvaughn » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:41 am

The recent discussion of “babies born alive” was ignited in part by Virginia Governor Ralph Northam, who said, “And it’s done in cases where there may be severe deformities, there may be a fetus that’s non-viable. So in this particular example, if a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that's what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.” Now we can debate just exactly what he meant, but discussion of whether to let an infant die seems definitely on the table in what he said. Nevertheless, this is not some completely new discussion.

Here is old news (1999) about doctors not providing life support to a survivor of a botched abortion:
https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid= ... 99,3861738

In the following link, Civil Justice Subcommittee in Florida, March 27, 2013, discusses House Bill 1129 born alive bill; the Planned Parenthood rep struggles to answer questions about babies born alive:
https://www.myfloridahouse.gov/VideoPla ... 2013031292

Discussion of Bill starts about 10:50
Questions below start about 39:17

Chairman Boyd: “If a baby is born on a table as a result of a botched abortion, what would Planned Parenthood want to have happen to that child that is struggling for life?”

Alicia Snow of Florida Alliance of Planned Parenthood: “Well, we believe that any decision is made should be left up to the woman, her family, and the physician.”
Representative: “Along the same lines you stated that a baby born alive on a table as a result of a botched abortion that that decision should be left to the doctor and the family. Is that what you’re saying?”

Alicia Snow: “That decision should be between the patient and the health care provider.”

Representative: “I think that at that point the patient would be the child struggling on the table, wouldn’t you agree?”

Alicia Snow: “That’s a very good question. I really don’t know how to answer that...”

It seems to me that there would be no ethical conundrum of trying to save a live baby lying there in front of you – unless you had already been trying to kill it!
Rvaughn

Postby Sandy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:21 pm

David Flick wrote: I find it absolutely incredible (to borrow your words...) that you and the Trump-haters continuously slam the President while at the same time refuse to acknowledge that Bill Clinton, for decades, associated closely with a well-known convicted pedophile. The hypocritical lamestream Media repeatedly defends Clinton on every hand. If were not for the various conservative Media, who have thoroughly documented the close relationship between Clinton and Epstein, hardly anyone would know terrible corruption that exists within the Democrat Party. Here are but two examples of the exposure.

Various conservative media, depending on who they are, have a tendency to make things up as they go along. If something is documented in conservative media, the chances are pretty good it either didn't happen, or it didn't happen in a recognizable manner to what they have reported.

It is interesting that all of this stuff about Epstein suddenly surfaces only after Trump gets the ability to "declassify" the information and have control over its contents. Trump was himself a frequent flyer with his good buddy, with plenty of photo ops to prove it. Not only that, but there is multiple documented evidence, including a lot of self-admission, of Trump's philandering, adulterous affairs, sexual assaults, and even some recent gatherings involving strippers at Mar-a-Lago while Melania remains at the White House and Trump flies to Florida for the weekend. The conservative press seems to have missed all of that which removes their credibility on anything related to any Democrat, including Clinton.

But Clinton was two presidencies ago. Congress did, in fact impeach him for much less than what is known about Trump now. And regardless of what information the conservative press convinces its duped listeners and followers it has on Clinton, it doesn't justify Trump's past or current behavior. His predecessor (Obama) in the White House stands out in absolute stark contrast to the dishonesty, lying, philandering, genital-grabbing Trump. The continuous "nah nah boo boo Clinton did it too" nonsense is not going to benefit the orange headed buffoon in his re-election bid. It just means that Trump's supporters are, by their support, endorsing all of his bad behavior and what underlines that more than anything is their comparison of him to Clinton, which makes it clear that they know how bad this stuff is and how wrong it is.
Last edited by Sandy on Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sandy
Sandy

Postby KeithE » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:37 pm

Rvaughn has done a good job finding a couple of old cases (<1999 and 2013) where decisions of keeping after-birth babies alive or not was discussed. We don’t know how these decisions ended or the political party of the decision makers.

Most people (Reps and Dems) have strong reservations against killing any "baby born alive”. Yet William tries to cast Dems in general as favoring killing them when he said:

Then he calls Dave out for "brain-dead, simplistic view of voting patterns”.

To William, I say "What a crock!”

To Rvaughn, I say you will have to find many more and better documented instances to make the killing “baby-born-alive” issue a large issue.

To all, I will say the “fetus killed” problem is very, very big! >1,000,000/year.

True, fetuses are not yet full human beings but they are at very least potential people! In fact, the infant mortality rate is ~0.6% (that’s 99.4% successful deliveries in we don’t abort).

--------- To put into perspective with other unneeded deaths/year ----------------

More than 70,000 deaths in the 2003 European heat wave; 60,000 deaths/yr for climate disasters now, and 250,000 deaths/yr expected by 2050 (38,000 due to heat exposure in elderly people, 48,000 due to diarrhoea, 60,000 due to malaria, and 95,000 due to childhood undernutrition.)
Source:Climate change and health.

More than gun deaths per year (38,000/year)

And three orders of magnitude more than the <1000 deaths/year in military actions.

OCO refers to operational settings like Afghanistan and Iraq; Non-OCO means on military bases in the US. So we see very few are being killed these days in the needless overseas deployments (probably down to 5 orders of magnitude less than abortions/yr). 1000 deaths may be just a natural level of deaths (even young people die).

But these military statistics does not include those suffering from PTSD and suicides due to PTSD (~5000 deaths/year). Source: 35 Engrossing PTSD Suicide Statistics.

So I'm still in favor of quick, responsible withdrawals from the Middle East and certainly not getting into a war with Iran.

--------------------------------

But to summarize, abortions are a bigger problem than climate disasters/guns/PTSD deaths combined. But all of these needless deaths should be addressed (at least mitigated) via legislation.
Last edited by KeithE on Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Abortion no excuse for the complicity of SBC in venality

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:24 pm

Thornton dealing in the politics of mendacity here. No reference to Randall Balmer's research on SBC fundy takeover leadership great friend Paul Weyrich whose papers began to "sizzle" according to Balmer when Weyrich in late 70s in the halcyon days of the takeover origins, had the insight he could perfect the wedge issue of abortion to replace race baiting which was no longer palatable.
Mendacity, I hate to see Thorton with his virtues stoop this low in sophomoric analogy

Here is where the SBC leadership is struck mute

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/13/74148510 ... mmit-recap
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby Rvaughn » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:01 pm

KeithE wrote:To Rvaughn, I say you will have to find many more and better documented instances to make the killing “baby-born-alive” issue a large issue.
At this time I am not inclined to look any further into this, having made the point I intended -- not whether this is a "large" or "small" issue, but that it is not something pulled out of thin air.
Rvaughn

Postby Rvaughn » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:28 am

Keith, I said I was not inclined to look further into this, but I had the following information already saved elsewhere. So I didn’t have to spend much time on it and have decided to post it. The first thing I mention may be part of William’s basis for his charge against Democrats.

Back in February of this year, a sufficient number of U.S. Senate Democrats (44, including at least 6 Democratic presidential candidates, Cory Booker, Kirsten Gillibrand, Kamala Harris, Amy Klobuchar, Bernie Sanders, and Elizabeth Warren) blocked S.311 - Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act. Part of the text of the bill states, “To amend title 18, United States Code, to prohibit a health care practitioner from failing to exercise the proper degree of care in the case of a child who survives an abortion or attempted abortion…(1) If an abortion results in the live birth of an infant, the infant is a legal person for all purposes under the laws of the United States, and entitled to all the protections of such laws. (2) Any infant born alive after an abortion or within a hospital, clinic, or other facility has the same claim to the protection of the law that would arise for any newborn, or for any person who comes to a hospital, clinic, or other facility for screening and treatment or otherwise becomes a patient within its care.”

This next item is from doctors writing in what claims to be a leading international journal of medical ethics and an official journal of the Institute of Medical Ethics. I have no idea of the political persuasion of the authors, but I think they are not Americans, so typical American terminology would not apply anyway. After-birth abortion: why should the baby live?
The moral status of an infant is equivalent to that of a fetus in the sense that both lack those properties that justify the attribution of a right to life to an individual...
First, we do not put forward any claim about the moment at which after-birth abortion would no longer be permissible, and we do not think that in fact more than a few days would be necessary for doctors to detect any abnormality in the child. In cases where the after-birth abortion were requested for nonmedical reasons, we do not suggest any threshold, as it depends on the neurological development of newborns, which is something neurologists and psychologists would be able to assess.
Second, we do not claim that after-birth abortions are good alternatives to abortion. Abortions at an early stage are the best option, for both psychological and physical reasons. However, if a disease has not been detected during the pregnancy, if something went wrong during the delivery, or if economical, social or psychological circumstances change such that taking care of the offspring becomes an unbearable burden on someone, then people should be given the chance of not being forced to do something they cannot afford.

Finally, a bioethics professor at Princeton writes on his web site that killing a newborn is not the equivalent of killing a person, and that it is unethical in regard to the damage it might cause the parents (i.e., when they want the child) rather than any regard to the infant itself.
Newborn human babies have no sense of their own existence over time. So killing a newborn baby is never equivalent to killing a person, that is, a being who wants to go on living. That doesn’t mean that it is not almost always a terrible thing to do. It is, but that is because most infants are loved and cherished by their parents, and to kill an infant is usually to do a great wrong to her or his parents.

Peter Singer is a professor at Princeton, but I believe he is an Australian citizen (not sure about that, he was born there). His positions are not new news either, as this 1999 Washington Post article shows.
A Professor Who Argues for Infanticide
Rvaughn

Next

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues