[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Bill Leonard on his Future

Bill Leonard on his Future

The place to discuss four centuries of Baptist history and heritage, from Thomas Helwys and Roger Williams to the present.

Moderator: Bruce Gourley

Bill Leonard on his Future

Postby Bruce Gourley » Sun May 16, 2010 10:46 pm

Bill Leonard .
Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Re: Bill Leonard on his Future

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon May 17, 2010 7:56 pm

Interesting article; thanks for sharing it with us

sfox
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Thanks for this link

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:39 pm

It was an honor to get a short reply from Leonard upon my email congrats to him for stellar address in Charlotte last Thursday.

I think he read the link I sent him from my guestbook post in the Clay County (NC) Progress, George Truett's hometown.

I cannot understand how Bham churches in particular who know better continue to lead percentage giving to CP when Leonard graced their presence at Samford for a sojourn.

We could give many examples.

I would hope inAlabama as a template, Wayne Flynt , MarkBaggett and Brad Creed , and the great legacy of Tom Corts and the one term anti Wallace Governor and would fire it up one more time and cross the state telling the folks what is at stake and what the true Baptist witness is and to get on board with the best that Hugo Black and Judge Frank Johnson represent, and Leonard was talking about in Charlotte.
Alabama as a template for exemplary sensible Baptist ID.

Now wouldn't that be something
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Bill Leonard on his Future

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:47 am

Fox writes "I cannot understand how Bham churches in particular who know better continue to lead percentage giving to CP when Leonard graced their presence at Samford for a sojourn.

We could give many examples.

Ed: Foxy, what SBC churches in B'ham did Bill grace with his presence during his tenure at Samford? As I said in my reply to Tim D. over in the CBF thread Leonard's message on last Thursday evening was indeed a highlight of the Assembly. I picked up his newest book the Challenge of Being Baptist Baylor University Press, Waco, Tx. He signed it "25 June 2010 To Ed - Blessings to you , Old friend - Bill Leonard " As he said to a lady just ahead of me the ink is hardly dry on this book, as it was just released a few weeks ago.
Ed Pettibone

Return to Baptist History and Heritage