[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Fox Family Baptist History

Fox Family Baptist History

The place to discuss four centuries of Baptist history and heritage, from Thomas Helwys and Roger Williams to the present.

Moderator: Bruce Gourley

Fox Family Baptist History

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:34 pm

I've hinted at some of this before, but here it is rawer and more exhaustive than ever.
http://foxofbama.blogspot.com/2018/07/w ... -were.html

And yes, Jim, Flick and Thornton there are a lot of names but each one of them is like a condensation of a book of the Bible cause I had a lot of territory to cover in short order cause if you read Chapter Seven you will see we are deep territory here.
Stephen Fox

Re: Fox Family Baptist History

Postby James » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:20 pm

Stephen, I read it. I enjoyed it-even the parts I did not understand or wanted to understand. Just between us, I rarely enjoy what you say, but if you post a link, I will go to it and read what's there because it is usually on point and worth reading. God bless you, my brother.
James

Thank you James

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:29 pm

I talked to a fellow today who was good friend of Adrian Rogers son David in Memphis. He is reading the blog too. I got good takes on the blog from a fellow whose Dad worked in the Nixon administration as well as my first cousin in Alaska whose wife's share of the Jordan Peterson book stoked that particular blog.

He was less enthusiastic about the merits of my thoughs than others but we decided to settle it on the ping pong table next time he comes down lower 48 and east of the Mississippi.
Stephen Fox

Gaffney Textiles and Yankees Bobby Richardson

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:59 am

Check my latest blog with the NY Times link and CBS Sunday Morning references

foxofbama.blogspot.com

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/20/busi ... eturn.html
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Raised in Gaffney

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:42 pm

Stephen Fox

Recent exchange with the Gaffney Ledger

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:06 am

Current editor Cody Sossamon is two years older than me. Family paper he is about to pass off to his daughter Abbie, from his Father Louis, a former trustee of US Carolina where he was all American in the 50s and then played a couple years with the NY Giants. Cody's sister has also been a USC trustee; influential family.

Recently on the facebook page of the Gaffney Ledger we've had several exchanges about the same day voting and the last election.

I may link Tony Cartledge to the conversation.

https://goodfaithmedia.org/who-can-you-trust/

Stephen Fox

Foxes go to San Francisco in 62

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:53 pm

I wrote it up recently on facebook. Reminder to share here soon.

Stephen Fox

facebook post of June 1

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:15 am

Stephen Fox

Larry Estridge, Deloach and Ralph Norman of Rock Hill SC

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:01 am

Norman is current US Congressman from that district. Here is a comment I posted yesterday on his home church, Westminster Prez PCA facebook

And eschew mendacity at the heart of the politics of Ralph Duncan on the abortion issue. Let me bring it home for you. James Deloach was an influential pastor in Rock Hill in the 60s before he latched on to Ed Young in Columbia who took him to the Second BC in Houston Texas. Deloach has a key role in the ouster of my Dad's friend Randall Lolley at the Baptist seminary in Wake Forest NC. They were all classmates. Deloach is a graduate of Bob Jones University and a dead ender with a fundamentalist view of the Book of Revelation. One of the products of Young and Deloach, big church but they are almost certain to have known one another is Jill Tolentino. Here is what Jill is thinking now on the matter. You are an influential church in a town that includes Winthrop. I hope you have the integrity to engage the conversation and the national coverage your congregation is certain to receive this coming year as the community that welcomes Ralph Duncan and his 17 million dollars and his degree from Presbyterian college

Deloach gets a lot of copy in the new book by Steve Pressley about Randall Lolley

Stephen Fox

Return to Baptist History and Heritage