[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Resurrection

Resurrection

The place to discuss four centuries of Baptist history and heritage, from Thomas Helwys and Roger Williams to the present.

Moderator: Bruce Gourley

Resurrection

Postby Jim » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:08 pm

Stone

As you can see, I am a stone,
Though some might call me just a rock,
I am a stone, and worldwide known,
Though some will laugh, say what a crock!
I am, of course, anonymous
As far as people are concerned,
Else I would be autonomous
If I was known...by them discerned.

More than a witness on that day,
I was a part of what took place
Not far from where the brutes would slay
A man in horror, hard to face...
It was so cruel that just a stone
—A lifeless thing without a soul—
Could empathize with one, alone,
Nailed to a cross upon that knoll.

They took him down amidst the quake –
Mid-afternoon sun's rays erased,
Then I myself began to shake...
They rolled me, ready to be placed
Where I would fit that rockbound bowl
And then they sealed me concretely
To permanently close that hole,
Where he forever was to be.

I am a stone, a lifeless stone,
A sculpted stone moved everywhere,
But then I—sealed—felt quite alone
And knew forever would be there,
And yet, that night – a gentle glide...
I felt myself just rolled away;
Harsh voices shouted...none inside...
Since resurrection ruled the day.
Jim

Re: Resurrection

Postby Haruo » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:24 pm

And thank you for that one, too. Three! ;-)
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:34 pm

Jim

Postby Haruo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:30 am

Heck, Jim, us hymnnuts and Sacred Harpists and whatnot love structured verse!
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Return to Baptist History and Heritage