[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - 100th anniversary of lynching of Leo Frank

100th anniversary of lynching of Leo Frank

The place to discuss four centuries of Baptist history and heritage, from Thomas Helwys and Roger Williams to the present.

Moderator: Bruce Gourley

100th anniversary of lynching of Leo Frank

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:27 pm

On occasion William and I have bantered about the legacy of Baptist preacher's son Marshall Frady. Frady's review of Oney's book on Frank was the last one he did for NY Rev of Books.

I read Oney's book about 15 years ago, all 750 pages, and sat in lecture and talked to Oney at Furman about 7 years ago.

http://www.atlantamagazine.com/news-cul ... ury-later/

Klan was revised in 1915 when they lit up Stone Mountain in the wake of this lynching.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: 100th anniversary of lynching of Leo Frank

Postby Haruo » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:26 pm

revived?
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:11 pm

Read the book. Been by the site. Sad chapter in GA history.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Appreciate Willam's comment

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:42 pm

wish there was a way we could meet Thursday in Marietta for the presentation. I contacted Lamar to see if I could catch a ride from Rockmart but he had entanglements.

If Haruo is unfamiliar with Marshall Frady here is an aside

http://scottgsherman.com/profiles/marshallfrady.php

For both on another note hope to see the gggg granddaughter of Jonathan Edward's predecessor, Stoddard, in a few weeks at the Sacred Harp singing on Lookout mtn

Stephen Fox

Postby Haruo » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:54 pm

Only 4 extra ggggs? Long lapses between generations. I only say that b/c I am the ggggggg nephew of Danl Boone, whose brother who begat me was surely younger, probably by a generation or two, than Stoddard. How old is she?
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

About 24

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:29 pm

Majroing in geology at Yale, so she's not far from her heritage.

Stephen Fox

Majors in Geology at Yale

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:29 pm

About 24. Live not far from ancestry stomping grounds

Stephen Fox

Ghost of leo Frank last night at Furman