[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Billy Graham's Legacy in Serious Question

Billy Graham's Legacy in Serious Question

The place to discuss four centuries of Baptist history and heritage, from Thomas Helwys and Roger Williams to the present.

Moderator: Bruce Gourley

Billy Graham's Legacy in Serious Question

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:29 pm

"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Billy Graham's Legacy in Serious Question

Postby William Thornton » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:39 pm

I would make the wild conjecture that Billy Graham will survive the criticism from one Stephen Fox who was banned from the Collinsville liberry.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:44 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

The Library board

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:57 pm

Has one College Graduate and she told me the night of the wedding of the Football Coach's Daughter to Pastor John Morgan's son voting me out was ridiculous; as did the Bride herself on another occasion.

It's just not me with reservations about Billy Graham, it is Steven Miller, Marshall Frady, the Worthen woman at UNC and Randall Balmer of Dartmouth. So Thornton and Flick are not up to speed on this one.

See the Ken Garfield of Graham's hometown Charlotte Observer in the Nov Baps Today.

And Look at where the Children of Graham are, almost to a person hardwired to the Tea Party.

Graham's full page photo ad helped bring Roy Moore to the Bama Supreme Court last Fall. Ask Brent Walker or Robert Parham how fond they are of that.

Read Dallas 63. Graham went from the Birchers in FBC Dallas to Trey Gowdy's Tea Party at FBC Spartanburg, S.C. Death bed conversions do not remedy that pilgrimage arc that endorsed Charles Stanley for president of SBC at a most pivotal moment along the way.

Stephen Fox

My response to Bill Leonard ABP piece on Billy Gee

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:26 pm

Stephen Fox

Grandson Will in Albany Georgia

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:28 pm

Stephen Fox

Tweaking the established public narrative

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:57 pm

Here is where Balmer can refine Miller and bring Martin Marty up to speed

http://hnn.us/article/25521

Stephen Fox

Molly Worthen reports

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:19 pm

if I knew I forgot, but IRS investigated Billy's father in law Nelson Bell cause 200,000 roughly the mailing list at the time of Christianity Today, tracts were sent from Weaverville, N.C. in 1960, anti Catholic tracts opposing President Kennedy.

I guess Billy got it from WA Criswell at FBC Dallas!

Stephen Fox

Re: Molly Worthen reports

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:06 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Sandy » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:52 pm

Sandy

Molly Worthen on Billy Graham

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:15 pm

And a less real than apparent consensus never to return

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/11/0 ... ican-icon/

Stephen Fox

Postby Sandy » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:02 pm

Add a new name to Stephen's list, Molly Worthen. Yet another self-appointed, pseudo-intellectual "expert" on Evangelical Christianity from outside and far off.
Sandy

Sandy's discernment takes precipitous fall

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:56 am

For a person who on occasion makes sense on this board, it is sad to see Sandy's resentment and stubbornness take him som so afr down on the Molly Worthen Matter. In her corner of serious academic work is Mark Noll, Baylor's Olson, Dan Williams who wrote God's Own Party while at Newt Gingrich's West Georgia and Darren Dochuck.

I guess Sandy thinks the think tank at FBC Spartanburg S.C. and Nelson Price's Shorter College along with the Muslim Brothers who occupy two presidencies at former Ga Baptist Schools in Good standing is the antidote; along with whomever Judge Pressler can drum up with the Birch Society or whats left of Jesse Helms Pioneer Club.

Stephen Fox

And God Said, Billy

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:58 pm

Stephen Fox

Re: Sandy's discernment takes precipitous fall

Postby Sandy » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:17 pm

Sandy

Molly did just fine with the Pope and Obama

Postby Stephen Fox » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:43 pm

Thank you very much.

It saddens me to see Sandy embarass himself so much but he doesnt seem capable of stopping himself

http://prospect.org/article/francis-and ... edecessors

Interesting to see this take as compared to Bill Oreilly's talking points last Thursday night, Fox News, the preferred outlet of FBC Spartanburg in the public square!

Stephen Fox

Re: Molly did just fine with the Pope and Obama

Postby Sandy » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:20 pm

Sandy

Fox comment today online in Spartanburg HJ

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:41 pm

Stephen Fox

Billy and Johnny Cash

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:46 pm

The 2013 bio of Cash has tempered my overall take on Billy Gee a little for the good. May say more later, but for those of you who can get your hands on the bio go to the index and read the ten or so pages on Johnny and Billy. Billy comes out pretty well, even makes the picture section.

I had not realized Cash was at the infamous Knoxville crusade of May 1970 right after Kent State but not sure he was on podium same night as Nixon.

Stephen Fox

Re: Molly did just fine with the Pope and Obama

Postby David Flick » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:25 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:50 am

Well, Stephen recommends a lot of reading, most of it by godless, atheistic authors :wink: , so I thought that if he was going to discuss Francis Schaeffer, he should at least read a couple of his works. So far, I don't think he's taken me up on that, even though I have read some of what he recommended.
Sandy

Let's just be honest

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:03 pm

I passed David Flick and Sandy in knowledge long time ago.

I don't think Flick has read anything worthwhile since his local hometown paper on the HS championship wrestling tourney when his Grandson graduated; and as for Sandy, life is short, the consensus is in on Francis Schaeffer and how he missed the Enlightenment and I got better things to read; that I did find it amusing SWBTS had him reading Francis three decades ago.

Stephen Fox

Postby Sandy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:02 pm

I doubt that there's a seminary in this country that doesn't require its students to read something from Schaeffer, even if they aren't evangelical, and they read him critically. It would be interesting to be in a discussion in a class in one of the more liberal seminaries as students discover that Schaeffer was a lot smarter and more articulate than a lot of their professors and heroes.

It's your turn, Stephen. If you're as intellectual as you claim, you shouldn't be scared of any of Schaeffer's works. Might do you some good. All that "enlightenment" slant and one sided stuff you recommend has probably softened the left side of your brain. You need some real meat to sink your intellectual teeth into. Worthen, Balmer, Noll, Frady, lightweights compared to Schaeffer. He'd chew them up and spit them out and walk away laughing about it.
Sandy

A seminal Francis Schaeffer quote

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:37 am

Stephen Fox

Re: Let's just be honest

Postby David Flick » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:18 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin