[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Koinonia Farm's 70th Anniversary

Koinonia Farm's 70th Anniversary

The place to discuss four centuries of Baptist history and heritage, from Thomas Helwys and Roger Williams to the present.

Moderator: Bruce Gourley

Koinonia Farm's 70th Anniversary

Postby Blake » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:42 pm

A seminary friend reminded me that Koinonia Farm celebrated its 70th anniversary this month. The Jordans would have been 100 this year. Apparently, many celebrated throughout the month this anniversary. I was wondering if any of you from Georgia or familiar with Sumter County could comment on the current relationship the farm has with the county and particularly Rehoboth Baptist Church in Americus.
"But for our parts, to take a carnal weapon in our hands, or use the least violence, either to support or pull down the worst, or to set up or maintain the best of men, we look not upon it to be our duty in the least..."
- Henry Adis
Blake

I was there for the Celebration

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:20 pm

Sept 28 and 29. I posted somewhere at this site. Was a sweet time in Jesus. Maybe I posted in the Covenant stream or you can look at my report at my blog linked below.
They have a great facebook page is you want to check it out and website. Baps Today had a story
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

SBC Covenant Forum

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:21 pm

Check my post there Blake
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Koinonia Farm's 70th Anniversary

Postby Blake » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:03 pm

I checked, but they don't mention the current relationship the farm has with the community or what Rehoboth is like today.
"But for our parts, to take a carnal weapon in our hands, or use the least violence, either to support or pull down the worst, or to set up or maintain the best of men, we look not upon it to be our duty in the least..."
- Henry Adis
Blake

Re: Koinonia Farm's 70th Anniversary

Postby Rvaughn » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:06 pm

This is not any help to your question, Blake, since it deals with historical material; but there is a UGA thesis about the Koinonia Farm in the 1950s online here:
Rvaughn

Return to Baptist History and Heritage