[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Artur Davis Addresse the RNC

Artur Davis Addresse the RNC

The place to discuss four centuries of Baptist history and heritage, from Thomas Helwys and Roger Williams to the present.

Moderator: Bruce Gourley

Artur Davis Addresse the RNC

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:56 pm

Last time I saw him was the final Tuesday in February 2004. He was outside a hall at Samford where Wayne Flynt, Jim Evans Rabbi Miller and Carol Vaughn were about to speak.

The truth will out. Davis needs to address EJ Dionne's reservations about the Tea Party Hold on this GOP he has embraced.

Robert Parham will be in Charlotte. This is a Ragtime moment for Artur Davis. I hoped he cleared things with Jesus before he took the podium.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Artur Davis Addresse the RNC

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:33 pm

I always feel like Artur Davis was a fine, honest guy. He worked closely with the BJC on many issues over the years. He was moderate but by new means was he a conservative Democrat.

He's now positioned himself as a conservative Democrat who was pushed into the Republican fold.

But he's not that and now appears to be nothing more than an opportunist.
My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Several Bham friends agree

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:51 pm

Curious what you thought about Condi Rice speech last night. I posted something at Covenant site here at the Forums....And you should get to know Baxter Wynn of FBC Greenville, S.C. Lester Maddox nephew. He delivered Furman's Opening convocation address this morning I noticed at their website....Do check Condi Rice Facebook page. I gave her a kudo there.

And be aware of Tomiko Brown Nagin, Greenwood S.C. native and Furman grad now teaching at Harvard; a coming force for the good guys.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Return to Baptist History and Heritage