[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - 'Goodwill Baptists' in the White House on Tuesday

'Goodwill Baptists' in the White House on Tuesday

A forum for Cooperative Baptist Fellowship-related discussions.

Moderator: Neil Heath

Re: 'Goodwill Baptists' in the White House on Tuesday

Postby KeithE » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:29 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:25 am

I stand by my earlier statement. Let the reader draw his or her own conclusion.

Bush is bad. Obama is good, pure, principled. Got it, Jim.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:34 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:03 am

Sorry, I'm not impressed with Evans' piece and stand by my statements on it. The Obama administration has a faith-based office, has an election year White House meeting...and it's completely non-partisan, sincere, not like Bush, blah, blah, blah. I got it, Keith.

You have a high degree of skepticism about certain things. I encourage you to broaden the areas where this is applied.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:09 am

The simple reality is that partisan politics is behind a lot of political things this year. Some of the most blatant have been the mega-church introductions of candidates in worship. No hands seem pure.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

There is a distinction to be made

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:18 pm

Between Coke Stevenson and LBJ

Between Paul Pressler, Jesse Helms and Albert Lee Smith on one hand; and Jim Evans, Jimmy Allen and Bill Moyers on the other

Between J Frank Norris and George Truett

Karl Rove and Jody Powell

Between David and Saul

And my friend Thornton, with his appreciation for Jonathan Edwards has the capacity to discern.

Meantime, a woman of color meets the President

http://www.ethicsdaily.com/white-house- ... -cms-19443
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Parham at DNC in Charlotte off site

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:18 am

"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox