[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - CBF to be divided over the homosexuality issue?

CBF to be divided over the homosexuality issue?

A forum for Cooperative Baptist Fellowship-related discussions.

Moderator: Neil Heath

Chuck Bugg has high ground here

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:35 pm

"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Vestal’s Thoughts

Postby KeithE » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:57 am

Personally I respect that view as I do Charles Bugg's. But I still do not understand why the sin of openly practicing homosexuality should be singled out. The capability, ethics, spirit, and cooperativeness should be judged as a whole wrt to employment in a Christian organization. I would favor a permeable perimeter on this factor.

And to fight over such a single issue is the very definition of being a UnCooperative Baptist. I trust the Conference will happen, differences of opinions voiced, and all go away happy and able to walk in lockstep doing missions even with a practicing homosexual.

I just may attend that conference.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: Vestal’s Thoughts

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:20 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby KeithE » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:02 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:08 am

Ed Pettibone

Re: CBF to be divided over the homosexuality issue?

Postby Tim Dahl » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:00 am

Even though I regularly give to the CBF through my church, I find myself feeling somewhat of an outsider. I don't have the money or time to attend meetings/conferences that aren't within driving distance. I tend to think it is just this "time of life" that I find myself in.

Anyway, for what it's worth: I'm afraid that this will be a significantly divisive issue (if it isn't already).

Why am I afraid? Because, I'm not sure where I could go for Baptist Fellowship on a national scale. If the CBF were to dissolve, I truly would be without a national baptist home.

Tim
Tim L. Dahl
Using my full name since the warning of Banishment... ;)
Tim Dahl

Re: CBF to be divided over the homosexuality issue?

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:33 pm

Fortunately for you, CBF meets in Fort Worth this year.

I don't think the CBF is going to dissolve. It takes a good bit for an organization to dissolve.

Decline, Divide and Dissolve are, of course, very different things.
My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Flagrant Conduct

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:22 pm

See my post at SBC Trends. To my knowledge W. J. Wimpee never took the stand.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Previous

Return to CBF Missions and Ministry Forum