[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - CBF in Tampa

CBF in Tampa

A forum for Cooperative Baptist Fellowship-related discussions.

Moderator: Neil Heath

CBF in Tampa

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Tue May 10, 2011 7:10 pm

Just purchased a couple plane tickets for my dad and I. Not too bad - $260. I did a little mix-in-match with the airlines, flying American to Tampa and Delta returning to Dallas. That saved some money.

I'm now looking for the hotels. Curious to know where folks are staying? Since the Assembly is at the Convention Center, there appears to be no official hotel. Looks like the Embassy Suites and Marriot are the two closest hotels.

also recommends the Sheraton and Hyatt a bit further away, .4 miles. Anyone know if that is an easy walk? I see a large expressway in the path.
My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Re: CBF in Tampa

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue May 10, 2011 10:14 pm

You know when I was in the ABC I used to think about trying to get to the CBF national meeting. Some years I was giving some donations to the CBF so I could have even voted. But they were always in the south and usually east far away from most American Baptist areas of the country. And I realize that is where the strength of the CBF is. The only event I managed to make was when the CBF and ABC had a joint session in DC. But it made me wonder if the CBF could reach some more potential partners by having their meeting some place a bit more central in the US.

Oh well, too late now. (For me anyway.)
Tim Bonney

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed May 11, 2011 8:30 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri May 13, 2011 3:54 pm

Aaron I you do not yet have a Motel this looks pretty good 10 Blocks from the convention Center

Howard Johnson Plaza - Tampa Downtown Riverfront
111 West Fortune Street
Tampa, FL 33602 US

89.99 plus tx
Ed Pettibone

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Sat May 14, 2011 11:12 pm

The BJC had a room left in their block at the Marriot - so we'll be there. I probably would have seriously considered this Howard Johnson otherwise. The two closest hotels that the CBF is advertising appears to be out of rooms at the discount rate.
My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun May 15, 2011 6:28 am

Ed: Last night, Trudy got tired of my exploring hotels and asked for 3 or 4 of my favorites and made reservations at a Red Roof 8 miles out at $268 total for the four nights, for what they call a Superior King. We can park within four blocks of the convention center for $5 to $12 a day. The motel is rather close to to a restaurant where we used to go frequently for breakfast on Saturday mornings. We have stayed in a number of Red Roofs around the country including another in Tampa. I am still questioning the parking but if the down town bit falls through we will go to a park and ride and take the bus. at $7.00 a day for the two of us .

Bruce, If you read this why don't we think about trying to get BL.C folk together for a meal at the Spaghetti Warehouse in Ybor city, a fairly short "Trolly" ride from the Convention center.

Edited to correct name of restaurant form Spaghetti Factory to to Spaghetti Warehouse.
Last edited by Ed Pettibone on Mon May 16, 2011 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Bruce Gourley » Mon May 16, 2011 12:22 pm

Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:13 am

You guys are exciting me to learn of what goes on.

Unfortunately, I can't afford the trip with slow business and high fuel prices.

At least, I hope you will speak kindly of me!!! And I hope you might order somthing to make Ed a little tipsy. I would love to see him smoozed out!!!

Ed, I love ya man!!!!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:29 am

Ed: The car is packed will be on the way after church this morning.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Dave Roberts » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:59 am

Look for my son, Matt Roberts, in the crowd. He will be there even if dad will not.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby TrudyU » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:59 pm

TrudyU

Return to CBF Missions and Ministry Forum