[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Addressing the future of BTSR--Good Moves!

Addressing the future of BTSR--Good Moves!

A forum for Cooperative Baptist Fellowship-related discussions.

Moderator: Neil Heath

Re: Addressing the future of BTSR--Good Moves!

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:39 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Gene Scarborough » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:18 pm

Ed---

I'm trying to keep my observations generic. I might be more accurate in simply describing your observations as "far too picky" in my opinion.

You always require me to be more specific. I tend to talk in more general terms and you start wanting me to define "we."

It's quite alright and I appreciate your input. I far prefer the regular size church which starts new mission churches which operate in their own community in their on unique way. I think a good size for a large church is about !,500 members. Past that you tend to have a large and anonymous group meeting each week to hear the entertaining Pastor deliver another attractive sermon which tends to generalities more than the specific needs of the individuals in the congregation.

You will have to forgive me my likes and dislikes. We both have them and I respect you for yours, brother.
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:44 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:47 am

Ed---

As Jesus renamed SImon as Peter because he stood out as a rock, I must rename you as Pickey, the most nit-picky.

For me, it's real simple: monster mega churches tend to entertainment much like the Temple in Jesus' day. If you turn religion into bug business, it cannot be much more than that.

If you turn witness and service into a journey, you pick up adherents along the way. You plant seed and it falls on different kinds of ground or rock.

No big deal Ed, i'm just trying to express myself on the subject which you have imposed and really has noting to do with the future of BTSR!!!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:27 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:34 pm

Hang in there, Ed---I love you man!!!!!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Previous

Return to CBF Missions and Ministry Forum