For those going to Tampa for the Assembly

A forum for Cooperative Baptist Fellowship-related discussions.

Moderator: Neil Heath

For those going to Tampa for the Assembly

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:25 pm

Ed: While in Tampa try to find time to take a trolley to Ybor City (the old Cuban district) and have a great meal at the Spaghetti Factory.

For those familiar with Spaghetti factory in Louisville, the one in Ybor City has much the same feel and Great food and service.

You may also want to spend a vacation day at Bush Gardens or drive north a bit to Tarpon Springs and watch the sponge divers. The Aquarium has been built since we left the area in 98 and so far we haven't taken time to visit it when in the area to visit our son who lives in St. Petersburg. Maybe we can correct that this trip. Having one son in St. Petersburg, and a Brothet-in-law in West Palm, plus a son on the east cost near Jacksonville some times makes our Florida schedule rather tight. If you stay in the Tampa on Sunday, I can recommend Bayshore Baptist Church which is a CBF affiliate. Nor real far from the convention center.
Ed Pettibone

Re: For those going to Tampa for the Assembly

Postby jeremy_shoulta » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:46 pm

I hope I can make it to Tampa. We have a mission trip scheduled right after the CBFGA ends, so I'm not totally sure I'll be able to work it out.

However, my wife and I went on a cruise leaving from Tampa. The day before we departed, we went to the aquarium and it is worth a visit. Not the most spectacular aquarium we've been to, but still fun.

The aquarium is just down the street from the convention center (on Channelside Drive). It is beside the Tampa Port Authority, which is also next to an area of restaurants, shops, and a movie theater.
jeremy_shoulta

Re: For those going to Tampa for the Assembly

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:26 am

It looks like I will not be in Tampa. Would love to be there, but I don't have enough vacation time to come. I do hate to miss the 2oth anniversary of CBF since I was there for the first meeting in Atlanta.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Return to CBF Missions and Ministry Forum