[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Budget Crisis at CBF

Budget Crisis at CBF

A forum for Cooperative Baptist Fellowship-related discussions.

Moderator: Neil Heath

Re: Budget Crisis at CBF

Postby Gene Scarborough » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:52 am

Eh-h-h-h, Ed----what did you say????

Understand my take on shouting: I like the larger font when little need be said = Do you cringe at newspaper headlines???? :brick: :? :roll:
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:30 am

Ed: More than one way to present a point. :)

And GS when you ask "Do you cringe at newspaper headlines???? :brick: :? :roll:" No! but perhaps you have taken note that this is not a news paper, and each post appears on the screen by it self with a space for a heading. and also that I have not been the only one to to object to your frequent use of fonts.
Ed Pettibone

Re:Blaring Headers

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:32 am

Ed: More than one way to present a point. :)

And GS when you ask "Do you cringe at newspaper headlines???? :brick: :? :roll:" No! but perhaps you have taken note that this is not a news paper, and each post appears on the screen by it self with a space for a heading. and also that I have not been the only one to to object to your frequent use of fonts.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Gene Scarborough » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:53 am

:) :D :lol: :oops: :angel: :wave: :horse: =
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:16 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Gene Scarborough » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:38 pm

ED---I'm just funning with ya, man!!!

Don't take us Southerners too seriously or we will whip your hind parts!!! Southern humor is different from the rest of the country. We took a licking but kept on ticking after the Civil War.

Also, never forget: The greatest leaders we have in government / business / industry / milatary likely trace their roots to the South. Anything is a better job than working in the tobacco or cotton field!!!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:14 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Gene Scarborough » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:34 am

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:01 am

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Jim » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:37 am

Vestal and all the others who, either for themselves or some organization, signed on to that silly statement are either as ignorant as clams or actually consider Islam – with its “Holy Book,” the Koran, merely a pseudo-plagiarism of the Bible by an illiterate who had 13 wives (more or less, who knows, with one a ten-year-old) – represents a belief in God. The media has been full of the fact that mosques are the breeding grounds for recruiting jihadists, who advance to the noble cause of killing the infidel when and where it is possible, including but not confined to women and children, by any means possible, suicide-bombing and throat-slitting among the quickest and surest. Stoning takes a bit longer but is more fun. A plague on all these politically correct nutcases who masquerade as denominational leaders or “protectors” of the nation from the intolerance of those who cite Major Hasan (Ft. Hood) and other murderers as simply misunderstood and in need of Christian love! Vestal has instigated the termination of my collaboration with the CBF and KBF. It’s no wonder the CBF is imploding…it lacks leadership and has no definable direction, as is proven in this matter.

The old adage having to do with one’s needing to have no fear of any investigation if he has nothing to hide is operative. All terrorists, individually and collectively, form a cancer on the society and must be rooted out. The blood-thirstiest are the ignoramuses who kill in the name of some god. These are the Muslims and they should be investigated, especially collectively, if the populace is to be kept safe from their “sacred murders.”
Jim

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:17 pm

Jim--

And I'm sure you enjoyed the Bush Administration arresting and sending to Guantanamo all the Moslems they could get their hands on as well. Which did you enjoy the most: the water boarding or the nude torture with our soldiers beating them???

"Due Process" meant nothing to them---and seems to mean nothing to you in your prejudiced state.

Which is worse: A Conservative Republican destroyer of American religious freedom / an Arab Terrorist who wants to destroy as well????

I welcome your answer!!!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Jim » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:02 pm

Jim

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:09 am

Congratulations, Jim, you have just clearly defined the state of Republican Conservatism today!!!!

It's great as long as you are the giver of the punishment rather than the receiver of undeserved jailing and just happen to be of Middle Eastern descent!!

It's like Jesus and the Disciples getting theirs because they dared to proclaim a new way of following God. It had nothing to do with the Pharisee control nor making people obedient and proper in their tithing and pilgrimage to gain God's favor.

Only one problem---they were wrong and Jesus was right even though he didn't do the "right-wing" thing!

So I got the Mobile jailhouse for going down there and cleaning up after Katrina---thanks to a man who owed me $2,000 / the locals not enforcing their "Theft of services" statute clearly on the Alabama law books / thanks to a system of non-justice where the cops are more crooked than the criminals. Since I have seen it for myself, I am confident a multitude of people innocently going to enjoy the first Mardi Gra in Mobile are keeping the bail bondsmen busy---especially if they are not locals and carry a NC Drivers Liscense as did I!

That felt real good to me as I paced the jailhouse floor and learned first-hand about "Alabama Jestis." The Deputy cuffed me and my customer had to feed me my lunch and hold my cup to my mouth. When I told him we didn't practice justice in NC in this way, he just said, "Put you hands behind you back 'caus yer under arrest!" My wife thought I was dead for almost a week because they wouldn't let me call out either and told her they knew nothing about me!!

My advice is, "You should go to all those Baptist large churches in Mobile--or choose the equally large Methodist / Catholic / Presbyterian ones and send your kids to all the Private Church schools too---for white Christians only!!! Things are different there----by far!!!! AND so very religious!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Previous

Return to CBF Missions and Ministry Forum