Please pray for this need

A forum for Cooperative Baptist Fellowship-related discussions.

Moderator: Neil Heath

Please pray for this need

Postby Ed Pettibone » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:56 pm

Our friend is Dr. Maynor Tyson who is Pastor/ Director at Waterbury Baptist Ministries which is housed in a Presbyterian Church in Waterbury CT. At our Baptist Fellowship of the Northeast retreat this past weekend in Northern Vermont, told of of an opportunity for him to have a Summer Student Intern that would be paid a stipend by the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. The problem is the need a volunteer to house and feed this student. I am going to ask the Burnt Hills church to assist with the cost of feeding once the housing problem is resolved. Maynor's ministry is almost totally to the down and out and none have resources to meet this need.

I have contacted a friend in the Connecticut ABC who may have some resources.
Ed Pettibone

Re: Please pray for this need

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:58 pm

Ed it sounds like a good opportunity for a young person to explore their ministry gifts.
Tim Bonney

Postby Neil Heath » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:33 pm

While serving the BSU at Mercer, I took a student group on a spring break mission trip to Waterbury to work with Maner, and was very impressed by him and the ministry he was doing there. Definitely a worthy cause to support in my opinion.

Neil
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:29 pm

And Good news we Have an ABCer in CT who is offering to help Manor reolve this need.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Michael » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:35 am

Maynor's twin brother, Marvin, was a classmate of mine at Southeastern Seminary. I met Maynor on a couple of occasions and have heard good things about his Connecticut ministry. I'll be praying fo this opportunity.
Michael
"Is this heaven?"
"No, it's Iowa."
"Iowa? I could have sworn this was heaven."
Michael

Return to CBF Missions and Ministry Forum