[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Saw Harry Watson

Saw Harry Watson

A forum for Cooperative Baptist Fellowship-related discussions.

Moderator: Neil Heath

Saw Harry Watson

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:32 pm

Ed: Trudy and I Attended the ABCNYS biennial last Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and then headed to NYC and on to NJ for a couple days. Between Norwich NY and NYC I realized we where heading toward Monticello NY where Harry Watson the Pastor Emeritus, of the New Salem BC lives. I had misplaced Harry's card but I didn't anticipate much problem finding him. But New Salem is not directly in Monticello And is not listed in the only phone books I looked at did not have the listing, but a diner where we stopped for a snack was next door to the Library, so we went there and asked for help and the Librarian located his address for us a and we dropped in unannounced, after some conversation we offered to take him to dinner and he took us up on it. We had a good visit, and he seemed happy that we had looked him up. However he probably will not get to the BFNE fall meeting next month as he is recovering from surgery just three weeks ago, to put a stint in an artery. But I think he may make it to the spring meeting at Burnt Hills.
Last edited by Ed Pettibone on Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ed Pettibone

Re: David and Neil

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:28 pm

Ed: Please see your PM inboxes for my request that the two post imediatly above above be removed or at least moved.

And probably this one also . :wink: But in the meantime BL.C readers and the two of you should have the full context of my statement which Christa Brown or some one at SNAP seriously abridged.

My Full Statement was/is: ... "As for your question "what message it sends to other churches, equally well-intentioned but less-well equipped to deal such issues as including pedophilia and sexual predators" I would hope it sends a message that all churches need to prepare for the potential of such a sad happening occurring among their own. And how to deal redemptively with the issue. In the past 20 years there has been a ton of good materials developed to help churches with such preparation.[b] I would suggest starting with a good Primer of the academic and legal language applied to sexual deviation. They need also to be aware that legal terms are not uniform as they apply to different Political & Economic areas. I would also suggest some classes to help parents of teens learn to retake control of said teens."

For the context folk may want to review that entire thread.

Note: That post nor the thread where in the CBF forum, thus I see Aaron Weaver's heads up to me as being totally out of place.
Last edited by Ed Pettibone on Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ed Pettibone

Re: Saw Harry Watson

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:23 am

Good grief. I was just trying to give you a heads up. I removed the link. Although, I can't remove your own link.

Just as an FYI, I found your name after following a link to that website via an EthicsDaily.com article from YESTERDAY. Again, I removed the link but removing it doesn't change the fact that it's still on that website and easily found when googling your own name. I simply thought you would want to know about it.
My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Re: for Aaron Weaver

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:33 am

Ed: Aaron you seem to miss my point that your "heads up" was totally misplaced. And it is information that I could do with out. Christa's comment was inaccurate and incomplete therefor misleading but that is not unusual for her.

As you may have noted I have requested that the BL.C staff remove all post in this tread related to C.B.'s comments or move them to a more appropriate forum.

And if you reply please change the header.
Last edited by Ed Pettibone on Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ed Pettibone

Re: Nope

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:54 am

Here's the thing Ed, I thought I was doing you a favor. Maybe the comment was misplaced. Maybe I should have PM'ed you. Instead, I posted a short vague comment with a link - the same link featured on an article at EthicsDaily.com just yesterday - here on a thread that you started that has for nearing two weeks gone without a response. I surely wasn't disrupting discussion...

Honestly, I didn't PM you because my inbox and outbox were full and I didn't have the time to fool with deciding what to delete in order to send you a message. Either way, it's obvious your response would have been ridiculous.

Again, I deleted the link. Oddly, it seems like you would have been more comfortable with me posting a more explicit comment in a thread of its own. So much for an attempt to do you a favor.
My book:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Re: Nope

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:17 pm

j
Last edited by Ed Pettibone on Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ed Pettibone

Re: .........

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:01 pm

Have a nice day, Ed.
My book:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Re: .........

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:40 pm

Ed: Thank you Aaron I have had a nice day Just got back form a great meal of Beef tips smothered with onions, and Mushrooms, buttered corn and Rice, at a near by "99", have enough left over for another meal. Hope you and the Mrs. have just as an enjoyable evening.

BTW, I have long wondered why you don't use an avatar on this site. I have a good pic of you when you where on a panel in Nashville. I could ask Flick to post it if you like. :thumb:
Last edited by Ed Pettibone on Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ed Pettibone

Re: Saw Harry Watson

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:15 pm

I actually do use an avatar on all WordPress blogs where I comment including my own blog as seen
My book:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Return to CBF Missions and Ministry Forum