[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Who is going to be in Charlotte Next week

Who is going to be in Charlotte Next week

A forum for Cooperative Baptist Fellowship-related discussions.

Moderator: Neil Heath

Who is going to be in Charlotte Next week

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:31 pm

We will be driving in on Tuesday, leaving on Saturday. Will be staying at the Homestead Suites again. I am looking forward to getting a few Krispy Kream donuts. Their store up this way flopped about a year ago. We have at least 6 Duncan Donut shops within 10 miles

I think perhaps I will put on my Men T- shirt Wednesday . If so I bet it is the only one in the place. :) I may throw my Southern Seminary sweatshirt in the car, to have it handy, just in case they have the AC cranked up to much.
Ed Pettibone

Re: Who is going to be in Charlotte Next week

Postby Neil Heath » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:20 pm

I'll be on a church mission trip all week. Wish I could be there to see folks and hang out with the super-cool BL.com crowd. :)

Neil
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Bruce Gourley » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:41 pm

I'll be there, Ed. It'll be good to see you and Trudy.
Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:13 pm

I'm staged, platformed nearby,hoping to come to see the new Charlotte Tram Thursday or Friday afternoon
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby Dave Roberts » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:36 am

I wish I could be there, but alas cannot. My son will be there.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:57 pm

Ed: We will Miss you Dave.

Tuesday: 22nd: we are here. Spent the afternoon looking for a place for Trudy to get her hair done. Then went to O'Charlie's to celebrate her birthday.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Mark » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:18 pm

I plan to be there, and will be looking forward to seeing any of the rest of ya'll. 8)
Mark

Postby David Flick » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:56 am

I regret that I'll not be there. I'll be thinking about all of you and will be watching teh news sources to see what happens. Ed, be sure and get some photos of BLifers...
. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:13 pm

Happy Birthday, Trudy!
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:41 pm

***Don't tell Ed but I'm pretty sure there will be at least a few gay folks at General Assembly!***
My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Re: In Charlotte Next week

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:30 pm

We attende a great Leadership confence his afternoon.It was ledby Alan J. Roxdurgh co author of INTRODUCING THE MISSIONAL CHURCH What it is, Why it matters and how to become one

Spoke to and shook hands with John Pierce, Plus George Pickel who is the national co-ordiator for CBF certified chaplains who was a speaker for our NE spring meeting in 09. We also met a lot of new folk. Ais evening as the Assembly officially starts in the morning.
Ed Pettibone

Re: in Charlotte ths week

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:00 pm

Ed: Leonard was terrific !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think maybe the best I have ever heard him.

Found Bruce, twice. Bought a couple hundred dollars worth of books. Plus subscribed to the Smyth Helways commentary series. Ran into our old friends From Seminole Hights, Brian McCartney and his wife. Brian was minister of Education when we where there.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Tim Dahl » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:22 am

So, how did it go? I've been watching the videos, but that doesn't feel like being there. :( Let us know what you thought of it.

Tim
Tim L. Dahl
Using my full name since the warning of Banishment... ;)
Tim Dahl

Re: Who is going to be in Charlotte , For T.Dahl

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:37 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby scottaerwin » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:44 am

I was in Charlotte, I saw Ed, Rock, Mark Ray, J Pierce, and Bruce. I talked to Fox several times via phone. I only had the chance to speak to Rock & Mark Ray.

I thought Lauren Winter was great. I thought it was the youngest gathering of Baptists I have been in for a long time. I didn't go to any breakouts, since I haven't been in two years.

Scott
Scott, God is not calling you to HAVE a 900 lb. gorilla, God is calling you to BE a 900 lb. gorilla -- discerning friend
scottaerwin

Heart was there; Body was landlocked

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:43 pm

With all my heart I wanted to be there; take notice in a couple of workshops, sing some congrational songs and get right in the spirit for Bill Leonard's address Thursday night; maybe ride the new transit with Ed Pettibone and eat BBQ with Scott Erwin; but the gods did not favor me on those days.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Heart was there; Body was landlocked

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:24 pm

Ed Pettibone

Return to CBF Missions and Ministry Forum